adware? malware?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Starting later today, when I search the forums here, every page change flashes and then normal non-linked text turns into links to places outside of x10hosting. I've run my anti-virus and updated ad-aware. They've found nothing. This has happened once before in the past (a couple of OSes ago) and then suddenly stopped. Does anyone know what this is? All of the affected text turns into bright lime green links with two underlines. It makes it hard to read the posts here because it's against the white background.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my post here showing a couple of the affected texts.

example.png

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It is kontera ad links, and yeah I also felt hard to read that lime text.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It is kontera ad links, and yeah I also felt hard to read that lime text.

On some systems it's Intellitext - same thing but different name basically. Just one more place that you have to block from running javascript (kontera, not x10 :) )

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I had a feeling that it wasn't x10 doing this which is why I didn't post this in the support forum.

Thank you for letting me know what it is.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
On some systems it's Intellitext - same thing but different name basically. Just one more place that you have to block from running javascript (kontera, not x10 )

How to disable javascript for only kontera. I've disabled javascript now I'm unable to see any ads here and can't use most of the functions here. I'm sure x10 won't be happy if I'll disable my javascript cause they are giving me free hosting for that.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using windows 7 and firefox... These don`t appear to me :)

But every page change flashes...

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My network has never allowed ads since I first set it up to run off of a Linux PC. But if you don't like the Kontera ads the link to the file is below. Tell your browser/no-script plug-in to not allow this script to load.

But how to tell my browser?

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I was wondering about that! Just recently I started having that too, and only here on x10. How odd.