ajax problem

rickle42

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a site with 6 navigation buttons that uses ajax. For some reason the 5th button "giftshop" causes the entire page to reload. Any ideas why this may be happening? It "works", but bothers me that ajax is not working for this button. Its gotta be something in the php file that is being called to replace the innerHTML. I donr expect anyone to try and debug my code for me. Just seeing if maybe having a form or flash on that page is causing this, as it is the only of the 6 pages with either.
Edit:
http://santaclaus25.com/
Edit:
And also i just noticed it works with firefox, but not IE. So problem is the one button doesnt use ajax only in IE

Last edited:

Thewinator

Reaction score
I'm using firefox, sorry cant help you.
On a side note, you don't want to use ajax to load your pages unless its absolutely neccesary that your page doesn't reload.
Why? Becouse people can have their javascript turned of, making it not work.
You can't use the previous and next page buttons of your browser.
So its best to use another system.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nothing reloads in my firefox. But the site is messy and a gallery button is showed all around. And if I hold my mouse over gift shop it changes the gift shop button to shedule and so on.

rickle42

Reaction score
i like only having to click once to go back out of site. I hate clicking back 6 times to get out of site. but could be a lot of xtra work to handle "non js enabled" browsers.twice the work maybe?
what version of ff vigge? and what os? that sounds terrible:(

Slothie

Reaction score
Its not a bad thing, what we normally do is have a 'gracefully-degradable' version of AJAX that detects if the browser has no JS support and adjusts the page view accordingly.

rickle42

Reaction score
By the way i have a related question...
Is using httprequest to replace a div considered Ajax? I thought it stood for asyncrous javascript and xml...
Is xhtml considered xml or something? Do I know xml but just not know it? I thought xml was a special type of file that looks real simple and is data definition and instance declaration at same time. I have only browsed at these files. Is xhtml somehow related to xml?