Any Google API for a 'news' system?

miguelkp

Reaction score
What Google API to use for my website's 'news' section? That's the shortened version of the question.

If you think you need more info and context, here we go:

I'm rebuilding my band's website, with these sections/features (they will not be in this order):
  1. Music player: so people can hear our music while surfing the website. It's hidden in a sliding top panel (thanks to Misson for help with this) so I avoid it being too intrusive (since it'll have a quite long playlist).
  2. Main: with 'News' and 'Next concerts' subsections.
  3. Downloads: nothing special here, just some jQuery UI accordions containing external links so people can download for free our music.
  4. Photos: divided in different 'photo albums'; thumbnails that, once clicked, open a PrettyPhoto gallery (one standalone gallery per album)
  5. Videos: same as Photos but with videos. Also with PrettyPhoto gallery (one standalone gallery per playlist)
  6. Contact: a simple jQuery contact form.

My main goal was to make it in such way that (if JS is enabled) it won't never reload the page so background music player keeps making it noise. I think I reached that goal.

A secondary goal is to make it in such a way that managing data (adding news, photos, concerts and videos) is as easy as possible. Here the idea came to my mind: Google APIs.
So far, I managed to have the Photos section relying on Picasa API and the Videos section on YouTube API.
Right now I'm making the Next concerts subsection to work with Calendar API.

That way, it's infinitely easy for us to add/edit/delete content to/from the website, without need of FTP server to download + edit + upload files. Furthermore, I don't need to make a paralell back-end to manage this stuff.
Just with a web browser and the band's Google Account.

And here goes my doubt: the News section... what API do you think it's the best for this purpose? It doesn't need to be extremely complicated. There won't be categories, just a list of news sorted in a blog-style (newest at the beginning, oldest at the end)
I was thinking on:
  1. Google Docs: with private docs (I don't even know if one can make HTML-like files with Google Docs)?
  2. Blogger: with a private blog. Esentially, blog articles are HTML code, isn't it? I think it can be the most suitable way to do what I want.
  3. Google Sites: I don't know anything about this except the name. But looking at the API developer guide, it seems promising, although a bit 'overkilling' for my purposes.

So, what do you guys think it's the best approach?

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

Ok, forget this. I've made it. At the first attempt XD With Blogger, by the way, the easiest way to do it. I'm uploading right now all the files to have website online as soon as possible so yo can give some feedback.