Assistance needed. Reset password for forum, but it does not allow me into the site to build

notrogx1

Reaction score
Hi, [email address removed from public view] here, notrogx1 is user name.
I used the password reset function and I got a new password, but that only lets me into the forum and not the access to build my site. Account is likely very old, but I seem to be stuck. Can someone assist?

thank you
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am not finding any services related to your forum name or email.
maybe @STAFF or an @Admin can further assist you with that.

you mention account is likely very old, so its possible it dont exist.
free accounts require a login every 30 days, then you would have been
suspended and allowed another 27 to 30 days to unsuspend it.
at which point it would likely be purged. (deleted)
a new account might then be required.

it also sounds like you may have used the wrong password reset.
where you should have went to https://x10hosting.com/login
then where is says Any account that has not been accessed since
September 3rd, 2021 must do a password reset.
click the 'password reset' link and follow the instructions.

alternately, if the account no longer exists, you can create a new one.
from that same login page follow the the bottom link where it says
Don't have an account? Sign Up click on 'Sign Up' and follow the
instructions.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, [removed email address] here, notrogx1 is user name.
I used the password reset function and I got a new password, but that only lets me into the forum and not the access to build my site. Account is likely very old, but I seem to be stuck. Can someone assist?

thank you
Steve
Looks like you might have had a hosting account in the past, that has however been terminated for being inactive, the hosting account I can find when I do a search (in the old system) was terminated back in 2014.

You can sign up for a new account, if you want to use the same email (which I assume you have for the forum as well) you will get an error message if you put anything but your existing forum credentials in the second step (user step). Note that for this to work the forum password needs to be strong, ie have at least one of each: uppercase, lowercase, number and special char, and be 8 chars long.

notrogx1

Reaction score
Hi, thank you. It seems the account was likely locked or suspended, but email is still there as I am not able to re-sign up. Is there a way to completely drop the account to allow me to resign up?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you. It seems the account was likely locked or suspended, but email is still there as I am not able to re-sign up. Is there a way to completely drop the account to allow me to resign up?
You can sign up for a new account with the same email address however; if you want to use the same email (which I assume you have for the forum as well) you will get an error message if you put anything but your existing forum credentials in the second step (user step).

emailinuse.png

On this screen enter the CURRENT details of your forum account.
Note that for this to work the forum password needs to be strong, i.e. have at least one of each: uppercase, lowercase, number and special char, and be 8 chars long.