ATI CrossFire

Burak

Reaction score
As you guys know, some time ago NVidia introduced a technologhy named Scalable Link Interface, shortly SLI. This technology was allowing to use 2 NVidia graphics cads together to improve performance. Now ATI has preparing a new tech named CrossFire as a alternative to SLI. Main difference is connection is making by a external cable in ATI's multiple card solution. For more info, take a look at the http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/index.html

Akkarin

Reaction score
That sounds really interesting, but are there games that actually need that much power and if so than aren't there other single cards that give that much performance.

Of course if the price is worth it than it's an obvious profit. But I can't afford it right now.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Sounds very intresting. This will juice things up in that bussines. I think Ati will do better and I hope it will be compatible with all motherboards not just ASUS.

B

Brandon

SLI is great for games but somehow I get lowerframe rates with two in Battlefield 2

Penguin

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
SLI is great for games but somehow I get lowerframe rates with two in Battlefield 2

Good god so you are getting less FPS using SLI then you do while using just a single card? I do hope that its just something to do with BF2 and not the cards or some other aspect of your system. I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess you lowframes occur during artillery bombings or in closed areas since that seems to be when most people have problems. Best advice I could give would be to drop some dynamic effects to medium and maybe lower the res(just until some sort of patch/or a new driver is released to fix it).

This guy seems to have a somewhat similar problem

Last edited:

Burak

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Sounds very intresting. This will juice things up in that bussines. I think Ati will do better and I hope it will be compatible with all motherboards not just ASUS.
MicrotechXP please note that, SLI isn't just compatible with asus. I have a MIS mb, and it supports SLI too, also gigabyte has a board with two slots