ATI is down!

Burak

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]As ATI�s next-generation code-named R520 product is not available commercially, end-users who would like to have leading performance right now are likely to pay attention to NVIDIA�s top-of-the-range GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card. But not only consumers turn their heads towards NVIDIA�s latest product, but also Rage3D web-site dedicated to ATI hardware has decided to review the first GeForce 7-series offering. :hug:

It is unusual for web-sites dedicated to a graphics company to review products from competitors, but Mark �Ratchet� Thorne from Rage3D had decided to break this tradition and has published the first NVIDIA review on Rage3D, which was apparently his first time of hands-on experience with a top-end GeForce.

�What do I think of it? Clearly the performance is nothing short of amazing,� the author said.:blink:

�Compared directly to the X850XT Platinum it's easy to be impressed with the 7800GTX. Not only with the outstanding performance of the part, but also with the features it offers. With games already out to support Shader Model 3.0 and with more sure to come very soon, the oft denounced technology is now a truly viable feature that gamers should be looking for in a new graphics card. Couple that with SLI, which has been welcomed into the marketplace with open arms despite plenty of doubts cast on its practicality, and it's all but impossible to recommend anything but the 7800GTX when asked for high-end videocard advice,� the review reads.:ermm:

http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/video...x/index.php?p=1

src: http://www.xbitlabs.com/web/display/20050726033320.html
[/font]

Maurice

Reaction score
Wow, 1 video card not brought out , and suddenly they all switch to nVidia... Lol?

N

Nathan

*sticks with ATi* You're all insane, and don't scare me by thinking ATi has been over ran.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I think that ATI will come back soon and it will destroy nVidia. Nvidia is not that good at grafic cards...

Burak

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
I think that ATI will come back soon and it will destroy nVidia. Nvidia is not that good at grafic cards...
I think after start producing NForce series, NVidia started to lose advantage against ATI. :noexpress Probably R520 will have a score far from Fx7800GTX. :grin:

All we can do is wait and see :hug:

Last edited:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Burak said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]As ATI�s next-generation code-named R520 product is not available commercially, end-users who would like to have leading performance right now are likely to pay attention to NVIDIA�s top-of-the-range GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card. But not only consumers turn their heads towards NVIDIA�s latest product, but also Rage3D web-site dedicated to ATI hardware has decided to review the first GeForce 7-series offering. :hug:

It is unusual for web-sites dedicated to a graphics company to review products from competitors, but Mark �Ratchet� Thorne from Rage3D had decided to break this tradition and has published the first NVIDIA review on Rage3D, which was apparently his first time of hands-on experience with a top-end GeForce.

�What do I think of it? Clearly the performance is nothing short of amazing,� the author said.:blink:

�Compared directly to the X850XT Platinum it's easy to be impressed with the 7800GTX. Not only with the outstanding performance of the part, but also with the features it offers. With games already out to support Shader Model 3.0 and with more sure to come very soon, the oft denounced technology is now a truly viable feature that gamers should be looking for in a new graphics card. Couple that with SLI, which has been welcomed into the marketplace with open arms despite plenty of doubts cast on its practicality, and it's all but impossible to recommend anything but the 7800GTX when asked for high-end videocard advice,� the review reads.:ermm:

http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/video...x/index.php?p=1

src: http://www.xbitlabs.com/web/display/20050726033320.html
[/font]

you almost scared me to death, I am still thinking how would ATI going to beat NVidia Fx7800GTX, even though the desgin is cool it performance will not be as great as ATI R520.

I was shocked when you said ATI is down, then I read on the article its just unable to launch its new graphics cards.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
i still think nvidia is a good graphics card maker
they're much cheaper than ati's... more bang for your buck

XColl

Reaction score
Yeah more cheaper, more trouble with it, more crap you have to install to make it work. =/

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
haha well i dont know why it has such a bad rep; it all works fine for me! but i do need one patch for it if i want to be able to play halo for pc

Woolie

Reaction score
Well i'm sticking with my trusty overclocked 256mb ATI card. It's serving me well.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I know the old xbox used nvidia chipset and video all throught it. And I think nVidia`s way better. :) just my opinion though.

BlitzStrike

Reaction score
the two companies fighting with each other is pointless, in the end, they will both make a video card so good, it will heat up REALLY fast and heat up to the point where it explodes and they wont be able to sell it to the public