autodesk maya

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
try working on things on a polygon level, ie no effects or filters and hair. try modeling something a bit challenging but not to far ahead. i would be inclined to model a hand gun,

Google a pistol and get a side on shot of it, Place it in one of the view ports backgrounds.
Create a box on the hilt, extrude and move the vertices and/or the faces around and keep adding primitive shapes for each part.
extrude and bevel were needed and try learning how to connect and create new edges.

This is often the best way to get used to the software while learning to get a good work flow for the software, it doesn't hafto be perfect.

heres an assult rifle i did some time ago when i got the hang of modlling like this
tavor_01.png

there are different ways to model and its important to find which way best suits you.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
try working on things on a polygon level, ie no effects or filters and hair. try modeling something a bit challenging but not to far ahead. i would be inclined to model a hand gun,

Google a pistol and get a side on shot of it, Place it in one of the view ports backgrounds.
Create a box on the hilt, extrude and move the vertices and/or the faces around and keep adding primitive shapes for each part.
extrude and bevel were needed and try learning how to connect and create new edges.

This is often the best way to get used to the software while learning to get a good work flow for the software, it doesn't hafto be perfect.

heres an assult rifle i did some time ago when i got the hang of modlling like this
tavor_01.png

there are different ways to model and its important to find which way best suits you.

Thanks for the tip :p.

I made that vase because our teacher told us to use the revolve function, and I thought I make something unique no one else in the class did :p