backup query

Status
Not open for further replies.

csc2ya

Reaction score
I've just gone to view the backups of my site, just as peace of mind that they are as up to date as they could be, and the newest one listed is the 1st of october 2009, and it says it's not finished.

For obvious reasons, this is a concern to me, as i've made major changes to my site since then, so if I have to restore backups, then i'm basically sol.

Does anyone know why backups have seemingly stopped.

And before anyone says it....I know I should really be making my own backups. However, bandwidth limits on my end prevent me from doing that.

Last edited:

csc2ya

Reaction score
Thanks. I am already aware of that. You will see the 7th post on that thread was me;)

The last backup listed is well over 2 months ago (1st of october), and it says it's still in progress, so it looks like there's some sort of problem with that backup not completing for whatever reason.
Edit:
Is a staff member able to have a look into this please?

Backups haven't run for almost three months now, due to that backup seemingly getting stuck, and I would assume the only way to sort it out would be to either stop or delete the last backup that it says is still in progress from october.

While I could recover from the loss of a months worth of data with some work, I could not recover from three months worth at all.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Escalated so an server admin can take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.