Bandwidth Limitation Per IP?

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to know how to make it so that each IP gets 350mb a month. Because my site's bandwidth is getting swept into the air.

hartap

Reaction score
hmm.. how if you using user login and then limiting bandwith quota from catch what file their dl and size. using php script +sql maybe... and set ur server no resume.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
That doesn't help much and I can't change the server settings, it's x10hosting.com's server.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
that's where the WEBSITE is hosted, I need it for the files which is hosted at x10hosting

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The best bet would be a PHP script, or somethign in an .htaccess file. Try googling it.. I'll check google quick, but I don't know what I could find.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I know about htaccess and I've tried that but users we're getting mad. I think I'm gonna make a registration and log in implemented.

Defication

Reaction score
You can buy a script like that if I believe but the price is around $300
, thats what a friend said anyways.

M

minievan

Sureley If your good enough you can make them yourself.Im not sure as Im naff with that. But surely you good view one and make it yourself ''/

--Need help?,Just Yelp!™

Jim

Reaction score
The best way to do this would be to do something like the following:
Store any large files in a secret folder. When a user wants to download a file, have it go through a php script. The php script will log the size of the file being downloaded and add it to that ip's count in a mysql database. Then the script will output headers and the content of the file being downloaded, just as if they were downloading it from the actual file. The script would deny access if the user's count goes over the limit.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, it seems a lot of people, especially Jim know how to do this. I would like to know if anyone could provide me with a link to a site that has a script I could implement into my site or if somebody could provide me with the script.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I've tried anti-leeching stuff but some how our bandwidth is leeched anyways, we are probably gonna implement registration and log in.

two4one

Reaction score
ratherthan that i recommend store all your big/downloading files at some free file host like http://www.savefile.com/filehost and just provide hyperlinks.. if images are big in size try imageshack.us ...... if you implemented somting like account login ....you may loose traffic as not all members intrested to register just to download 1-2 files....

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
or use a wmh web hosting manger cpnale is and exaple but for free seach for Zpanle its agreat whm i have tested it on my local sever(s) and it works fine you need to have the root for mysql thoight. it has addon script like phpnuke, jamoola and web mail. or chack

hotscript.com
zpanel.net -not sure if that is the tru link!

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I have ZPanel and it was good but it has no clue what it's doing when users try using Mysql. It has sooo many problems with that. So We're looking for a new one. (That was on my server)