Bandwidth Limitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I have a site that people love taking up all of my bandwidth and I'd like to know if anybody knew a way or a script that can do bandwidth limitations such as 350 mb per user/monthly. I hope someone knows how.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For what? Do you have your own server that you are giving hosting away?

saachi

Reaction score
You could do it per IP which isn't exactly hard but isnt consistent either, but I don't have the time to work through it for you. Maybe a better but has more work involved in implementing would be to require registration and log each file request with filesizes totaled, lock file downloading when the limit is reached.

Another good way is to prevent hotlinking if this is taking a chunk of bandwidth away from you, just google it.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
@ Tyler - No, my website has abandonware on it (Games that are legal) and people download from them, but they like downloading a lot (say 19 gb this month).

@ Saachi - I justed turned the hotlink on yesterday to stop anyone from leeching my files/images, When you have time, please post your solution.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
No I dont think there is a way to do this, If there was Richard would be the one to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.