Beatles Wallpaper

Cynical

Reaction score
My girlfriend is a big fan of the Beatles and I was a bit bored today so I threw this together in the GIMP (2.1.0?):

Version 1
--
Version 2. Please note they are not all identical, I had to manually redo each gradient, blur, and text render!

Large images! 56K users beware!

Thanks for any feedback!

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I love it. Do yp thhink you could make me a darker one for 300 points for my desktop?

Conor

Reaction score
Hmm I don't like the yellow submarine. If you could make it so that the submarine was gone and the members were in a little square like this:

Paul | Ringo
------------------
George | John

in the middle, and the background was a different colour I would pay for it :) (points =p)

Nuno_Aba

Reaction score
I've been using this for almost a year and never get tired of it.
This is really an amazing work by themightyfro (© 2004-2006)
post-13-1136413744.png

Cynical

Reaction score
Conor said:
Hmm I don't like the yellow submarine. If you could make it so that the submarine was gone and the members were in a little square like this:

Paul | Ringo
------------------
George | John

in the middle, and the background was a different colour I would pay for it :) (points =p)
That's how I originally had it, but then changed it (I forget why).

I'll update with a newer one in a few -- perhaps a few additional colors. Unfortunately I have to start from scratch but it should come out pretty much the same. Also, I noticed if you apply this as your wallpaper the bottom is cut off a bit by the taskbar so I want to fix that as well.

Thanks for the feedback :).

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Nuno_Aba said:
I've been using this for almost a year and never get tired of it.
This is really an amazing work by themightyfro (© 2004-2006)
View attachment 896

wow that abbey road vector art is friggin awesome..

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Ok, I made up a few more (quick, huh?). To be honest, I changed the gradient direction on the news ones except the new purpe one, but I these ones better anyways.

See the topic post!

Jacob

Reaction score
Wow, those are pretty cool. I like the colors and the faces in them. The thing I dislike about them is the ripple effect in the left-hand corner of them.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
_TM1.0 said:
whoa, is that all vectoring?

sure looks like it

PS, I LOVE that yellow submarine haha; did anyone ever watch the DVD of the yellow submarine movie?

man.. they were so high..