Best CMS

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i like joomla, lots of options and looks nice (+ its free :))

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
I'm still deciding whether I want to use a cms along with my forum or just create a frontpage in the forum so that I can keep everything inline. a cms would be easier but I like the idea of having a completly original fromtpage with alot of the same funtionality.

Maurice

Reaction score
DragonFly CMS or e107 are the best CMS's around there. Personally I find Mambo/Joomla or what the **** it's called to much *****ing.

B

Brandon

e107, but I would have to warn you I have found 2 security holes. I submitted them to e107 and I think they released a patch.

hyeclass

Reaction score
best is to code ur own :D
mine rocks and i can add whatever i want to it ...when i learn some more php :p
anyways
techtutes.com is where i learned howto

Chris Z

Reaction score
i personally like IPB the best and virtuanews together hahaha, but i have no money, so i can't buy either one, but if you're looking for something to spend no $$ on, then i would reccomend e107, it has a forum plugin and it's main thing is a cms

N2PGames

Reaction score
The best thing to do is make you're own download bunch of scripts or make them you're self add themes to the backdrops edit themt o fit you're site give credits to the authers and add a phpBB forum :D but if you want a ready made i say use :

PHPNuke Platinum

platinum-6.9.jpg

If you need teh link and can't din it pm me i still have a copy left !!
doh.gif

Last edited:

blaindugan

Reaction score
whats a good cms(free) that is easy to install and is easy to change themes/has good free themes. i looked around for joomla themes but you have to pay for a bunch of them so what do you recommend?

B

Brandon

Enigma's Dynamic Content Management System

Im still working on it.

blaindugan

Reaction score
i downloaded that but how do i install it? considering the only thing that i know about mysql is fantastico uses a mysql data base to install things like joomla. so i downloaded this but does anyone have a link to a guide or a guide they would want to type up really quick?

Last edited:

DMeza125

Reaction score
I want to make my own CMS but I only have a basic knowledge of PHP.

Im proficient in HTML and XHTML
With basic knowledge in CSS, SQL, and JavaScript

If someone could help me out by getting me started or pointing me int he right direction, that would be much appreciated.

Richard

Reaction score
Choosing a cms is a personal choice whats right for you may not be right for someone else.

Try http://www.cmsmatrix.org/ you can list the features you need and do a search as well as compare systems