Best Linux Distribution

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bhupendra2895, Jul 10, 2010.

Which linux distribution you like most?

1. Ubuntu

63.9%
  2. Suse

4.9%
  3. Fedora

6.3%
  4. Redhat

4.2%
  5. Mint

4.2%
  6. Knoppix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Others

16.7%
  1. creastery

creastery New Member

Ubuntu!
    I personally like it as it is easy to use and has a nice interface.

2. lawrenceoncassette98

lawrenceoncassette98 New Member

3. android.raghavendra95

android.raghavendra95 New Member

I stand by sabayon linux..... best for me :)

4. supanut200042

supanut200042 New Member

Ubuntu is my favorite!
    The good thing is, there's a Windows installer that lets me run Windows 7 Ultimate and Ubuntu together on the same hard disk!
    :smile:

5. hairinvegas93

hairinvegas93 New Member

I would have to say Ubuntu because it is the easest one out there they also have a software center. The others don't.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

LOL Sabayon Linux is just a mod of Ubuntu. I know because I ran the live cd.

6. akkudreamz

akkudreamz New Member

Ubuntu is the easiest to start. Fedora/RHEL for robustnes....CentOS for more official use.

7. life.beautiful4ever15

life.beautiful4ever15 New Member

I have only used ubuntu and fedora, and from my experience, ubuntu makes a better and easier desktop experience.

8. letapk

letapk Member

At the time of writing this, 134 persons have voted in poll, and clicking on the results reveals the curious fact that 8764.93 % have voted for Ubuntu. 1914.18 % have voted for "Others", with a microscopically small percentage of the votes for the remaining alternative Linux candidates

Some points to consider:

1. The total, which is 10700 %, exceeds 100 % by a factor of 107!

2. Considering that a large number of voters has selected "Others", it seems that the person who has created the list of Linux candidates has missed out on some distros which should have been included. Debian, my personal favourite, is one prominent name which comes to mind.

3. High time this poll was discontinued or, at the very least, restructured and the results recomputed.

Sincerely,
    K. Patel
    http://kpatel.x10hosting.com

9. vv.bbcc19

vv.bbcc19 Community Advocate Community Support

Fedora is the best.
    But is ubuntu coming close?

10. dsej18

dsej18 New Member

For servers, Debian all the way. I can't believe that isn't an option. Ubuntu is great for the desktop but makes a terrible server. It isn't stable enough for a server. Debian Stable is the best server distro.

11. neomedia63

neomedia63 New Member

I've only tried a few Linux distributions in a virtual machine on my PC, so perhaps I'm not informed enough to comment, but from my research and publications I've read, Ubuntu definitely seems the most developed and user-friendly.

12. letapk

letapk Member

Absolutely. How can distros derived from Debian be included in the list without including Debian itself?

Sincerely,
    K. Patel
    http://kpatel.x10hosting.com

13. lynnwood

lynnwood New Member

I have been using Arch Linux on my personal laptop for a couple months now. I don't know if it will replace Slackware as my choice for my work laptop OS anytime soon, but I don't think I will be replacing Arch on my home system.

The simplicity of Arch if truly beautiful. I highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys taking an active role in maintaining their OS.

14. sathanna

sathanna Member Prime Account

I haven't used Linux before, but I've been pretty curious. This thread has helped me out a bit. Seems Ubuntu will be the easiest choice! But maybe I'll try a few first. I'll probably see if I can duel boot some on my old desktop to see what they are like, then maybe get a little laptop with something Linux on it... or something. I'll come back and vote on my fave when I find out. If the topic is still around... it will likely take me ages to figure out which really fits me. xD