Blank page error in SMF

oiwio

Reaction score
When I first installed these forums they worked perfectly with nothing going wrong, but now I have been having this problem for a couple days now and I have posted on the SMF forums about this problem and they said it was something having to do with x10.

So, when I use my forums on IE it works perfectly. But some other people using them are getting annoyed because they are coming up with blank pages every now and then and they will have to refresh the page about 5-10 times in order to get it load. So, after hearing these complaints I loaded up Firefox, and sure enough, I was getting the same problem (some people on my forums are using IE and FF and neither are working). I have tried many different cookie configurations as I though it was having a problem holding the session, but it still refuses to work. Does anyone know how to solve this?

The link to the forums is right here: http://fmammorpg.x10hosting.com/smf

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I only see the problem when I'm visiting my forum via IE7 in school. At home, no problem what so ever on Firefox or IE7.

Last edited:

oiwio

Reaction score
Thats one of the reasons it confuses me, because I have changed all of the security on my firefox browser to the same or even less than that of my IE settings and Im still getting the error while some people get it while using IE too.

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What do you have file permissions set at. If they are set to 777 then try changing them to 755. Also; if you ftp into your account are your files owned by you. ???

oiwio

Reaction score
I will try that, but do I need to change every file to 755 or just the index page?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Most files should go 755. settings.php and settings.bak should be 644. attachments folder should be 777 as it has to be writable...or 755 I guess for x10, try 777 though anyway for attachments only.

Last edited:

oiwio

Reaction score
ok, I have set all files in the root folder to 755 but I am still having the same problem

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you ftp into your account....on some ftp clients anyway it will show you the "ownership" of he file. If there is a 99 to the left of the file or folder it means apache owns that file and there is nothing you can do to change that until an admin re-owns your files to your account.

oiwio

Reaction score
Ok, after using ftp for the first time, I finally got it working and all the files in the root folder of my SMF forums are belonging to oiwio oiwio

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you can would you PM me your account details so I can ftp in and take a look. If you don't want to I understand. :)

czarky

Reaction score
i think it is already solved since i can see the forum now., ;) i'm also a SMF user so good luck with your forum buddy.,

oiwio

Reaction score
OK, did the server error come back? because one of my members said he's still having this problem

oiwio

Reaction score
I dont know. Its working for me, but its always worked for me. But at least two people on my forums are still having the same problem

oiwio

Reaction score
I looked up this problem elsewhere on the forums and found no answers other than these except for upgrading your php version but i already have intermediate and I cant imagine that I would need advanced just for a forum

Sohail

Reaction score
Are you using PHP version 2?

Anyway i tried the link you gave and it came up with a 404 error, what's going on :/?

oiwio

Reaction score
currently my site is transferring over to http://fmarpgp.com/smf but its not up yet. But, yes. I am using php version 2 and I have been before I started using those forums

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
I too am encountering the same problem! it takes alot of page refreshes to load my page > The whole site acts like that! Every navigatioanl direction for example looking to see whos online, etc...
http://blackberry.exofire.net/bb/

Thanks!

Last edited: