[c#] Connection to MySQL DB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabzx

Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to search informations concerning the way to connect myself to the MySQL databases using a c# method ( http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html ).

I am missing one information for the connectionString : what is the SOURCE of the MySQL databases ?

Thanks for your help,

CaBz.

woiwky

Reaction score
I only really use C# for program development, and very rarely for websites, but I believe SOURCE is interchangeable with SERVER. So try localhost for that.

MasterMax1313

Reaction score
c# won't run on x10 as a website. he may be trying to connect from a local program, in which case my guess would be the ip address of your site, which can be found in cpanel. keep in mind you'll need to permit your own IP access to the sql server, also done in cpanel.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
c# won't run on x10 as a website. he may be trying to connect from a local program, in which case my guess would be the ip address of your site, which can be found in cpanel. keep in mind you'll need to permit your own IP access to the sql server, also done in cpanel.

Remote connections to MySQL is disabled. ( meaning trying to connect to your database from a different machine or location is not allowed )

LHVWB

Reaction score
This issue seems to be resolved, if the author has any questions about this issue then they can reopen this thread.

* Closed *

Status
Not open for further replies.