Calling all X10 members, staff and anyone else

Dazz

Reaction score
I posted this in 'Off Topic' because I could'nt figure out where else to put it. So if this is the wrong area, Im sorry and feel free to move or ask me to close and move to another part of the forum.

I need help from anybody with McAfee installed on your PC. The reason for this is that I just received an email from someone telling me that my website had been blocked by their McAfee as a potential phishing website? So if anybody with McAfee could just pay a very quick visit to WebsiteProfitsNow then post back here and let me know what happens.

I don't understand why this would happen and don't happen to have McAfee installed myself so can't check it, however I have checked with some online scanners and it comes back clear and I also have NO forms or scripts or request any information from any visitors at all, Not even a mailing list LOL

Also does anybody know if me being in the admin area of the website (it uses wordpress) may have caused this?

Cheers
Dazz;-)

Slothie

Reaction score
You'll have to talk to them about getting your site 'unblacklisted'. It happens occasionally and they will normally remove you upon request after a few days.

Dazz

Reaction score
Thanks for that Slothie, Just had someone else on another forum get back to me saying that McAfee is rubbish and way to sensitive LOL they also checked out my website with it on full and had no problem with it so I guess the software is just a bit buggy. I figure either that or one of the ads (adbrite or bidvertiser) may have triggered it. Hopefully though its not on any blacklist and won't be as long as I don't get any more erroneous reports LOL.

SykaX

Reaction score
It worked perfectly fine for me. However, McAfee, without a doubt, is very buggy.

Last edited:

Any_Key

Reaction score
If I learned nothing form my years as a computer Tech it's that McAffe is a piece of junk.
Contact them about the black listing and recommend to whoever it was not to use that software. It has a lot of false hits, doesn't catch a lot of real stuff and is a pain in the butt to remove completely (Try getting rid of a network install.).

satbir

Reaction score
Hi Slothie,

I had put link of your site on my site one month back. In case you want to continue for another month then plz pay again.

Dazz

Reaction score
Nice one you guys, thanks. I know now that it was a one off and not my website :)

Dazz

Reaction score
LOL, its cool taha116. Someone decided to tell me that McAfee thought my website was phishing, totally untrue, so I was just getting some help and advice from the guys here.

azntechguy

Reaction score
While those kinds of software are supposed to make our browsing experience better, and to an extent, they do. But it makes you wonder though... just how many legitimate sites are they blocking?

I shudder to think of the day that those companies will alter their software to intentionally censor sites at will (of course they can do it at the ISP level too, if they aren't doing that already!)