Resolved Cannot access panel or website

Status
Not open for further replies.

linksfo2

Reaction score
Hello there! Recently today I had attempted to try logging in by simply going to x14.x10hosting.com:2222 to see if I could directly log in that way to my panel, which was probably a mistake to do. Although login attempts were not successful, both accidently misspelling my username and then still after with correct information it would take a few seconds before saying login invalid. I went to go back to the normal login page at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login and it lets me log in, but it will not load to the panel at the x14 page and says that the page took too long to respond.

I also cannot access my own website page here and also says that the page took too long to respond. So I went to try using mobile data to see if I could access anything and it all worked fine. I was wondering if my regular home IP happened to be blocked due to the invalid logins before? As well if this may be a temporary thing to give some time for it to lift? Any assistance is always appreciated and thank you.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed your IP was blocked for the failed logins, I have removed the block.

It is recommended that you always go through the sso/login page, as that ensures a proper login. Unfortunately there has been some cases where the actual password has gotten messed up in DirectAdmin (sso/login uses a different method so is not affected) which causes the password to not be what you expect.

It should sync every time you login to the sso page, however that does fail if the password used there doesn't conform to what DA requires as well as in part due to some a bit overachieving security measures removing certain special chars (backend is going to get switched out which is why that part of the code has not been revised).

linksfo2

Reaction score
Excellent thank you for looking into it and filling me in. It appears I am able to access everything again! I will make sure to continue to always use the sso/login page since I remember trying stuff on DirectAdmin in the past with other things can be weird as well. Thank you for the assistance Anna, the thread can be marked as resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.