Cannot find type _Default

jay1648

Reaction score
Hi I"m learning ASP.NET. Currently trying to make a website but it's giving error.

I simply created a website project using Visual Studio 2005 and just made 2-3 pages and trying to test it at first but doesn't seem to be able to get it work.

http://jaydomain.co.cc/Website2/Default.aspx

This is the link where I am getting the error. This is the default page of the website but it's giving Parser error. This page(Default.aspx) uses a code behind file called Default.aspx.cs and i have specified that in the @Page directive and have also got "inherits" attribute into it with a value of "_Default" which is the class name in the code behind file. I have made sure that it works on my local machine with IIS on it.

Though default.aspx page is not working however i am fnding it surprising that another page Contact.aspx works fine probably because it haven't got the attribute of "Inherits" into it because it doesn't uses a code behind file.

So it looks that the pages which uses code behind file doesn't work here but page which doesn't have any code behind file works fine.

Please help me overcome this problem. Thanks in advance.
:lockd:

jay1648

Reaction score
Does X10hosting actually hosts ASP.NET ?

If yes then why can't I find any answer of how to solve the above problem?.. I've gone through every possible threads by searching this topic here but it doesn't seem to work. If it's not possible somebody please tell me...:happysad: