Can't Access CPanel Through a WLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've done a ton of research on this topic on various websites, but I cannot find one that actually gives you the lowdown on what to do. I've played around with my router firewall and my personal firewall but I still can't get it to work. I tried doing port fowarding on the 2 ports WinMX needs and then opened them up on my personal firewall, and it still did not work.

Then I was like hey I need to setup a MySQL database on my site. Well, I tried logging into CPanel by going through http://elitenick.com:2082 and it simply times out after 20 to 25 seconds. It's doing this because I'm guessing I have to mess with ports to let 2082 work.

So, I need someone who knows about WLAN's to help me out. I am running the Motorola SBG9000 gateway, the network I setup has 2 computers on it, both connecting wireless (with 128 bit encryption). The one I am on is a laptop with Windows XP home sp2. The firewall I am running is Norton Internet Security 2005. I've tried disabling Norton and going to windows firewall to see if it was easier to get things going but to no avail.

My question is....HOW DO I DO THIS!?

I need to get port 2082 open so I can login to CPanel. How do I configure my Norton Firewall to accept incoming and outgoing connections on this port, and to also configure my gateway router/hardware firewall to work with it? I can't find a solution ANYWHERE! I really hope someone can help me out. I thought having a wireless high speed connection would be great until I started realizing I couldn't get programs to work properly, such as being able to use Yahoo! chat with webcam, voice and chat. I can't login except when I use the "firewall with no proxy" option. It only uses HTTP requests, but then I can't do any voice chat or webcam. Am I going through a proxy? How can I find out? If so where do I get my proxy info?

Thanks for all the help in advance (hopefully)

Btw - Motorola has no information on doing this as far as I can tell.

freemm

Reaction score
If you have a Linux Live-CD of some sort (e.g. Knoppix, etc), you could reboot into that and check to see whether the problem is in your router or whether it's in the PC. If you don't have a copy, ask a nerdy friend ;)

Another thing to try, if you haven't already, is to log in to the Routers admin panel (should have it in the manual somewhere) and just play around in the settings. It might have something like IP Tables, or port-forwarding that's already assigned. Keep in mind I'm no expert on this :)

Hope I helped a little
Dave
http://freemm.org

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Thanks man. I decided to go back into the routers firewall and try to mess around again. I port fowarded 2082 to my computers IP, and then went to the routers firewall area and allowed 2082 UDP/TCP outgoing and incoming and now it works! I hope that's not a security flaw, but jeesh I dunno, nobody writes it down! thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.