Reaction score
I seem to be having an issue accessing the Admin page for my site

Steps to recreate:
  1. Go to x10hosting.com
  2. Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner
  3. Enter my username (eanetx10) and password
  4. Click the "Open cPanel" button
  5. Receive error.
Text of error: "Sign in Successful. Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account. An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry."

URL displayed when error screen is visible: https://x10hosting.com/sso/main/caf

Error screenshot:
x10_error.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please try now? I see nothing that would cause a big problem and I made a small adjustment that hopefully sorted it out

If it still fails please try clearing your cookies (x10 related session cookies specifically) as well as your browser cache?

eanetx10

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Tried again, still having the issue. Also tried clearing my cache/cookies, and an incognito window, same result both time.

Also, I tested using my email address instead of username "eanetx10" and still received the same error. I don't think it's a Username/PW issue, because I get to the first screen after login (additional screenshot attached), it's only after I click on "Open cPanel" button that I receive the error.

after_password.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using any kind of proxyor VPN on your computer? The IP seen by the SSO page is one registered to AT&T, but the one DirectAdmin sees belongs to Cloudflare.

Them seeing different IPs is a problem as the connection between SSO page and DirectAdmin is tied to your IP (per session) as a security measure.

I didn't see this difference before as the DirectAdmin log is cycled often enough your last login prior to today was not in the log

eanetx10

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Yeah, that's the issue. I recently started using Cloudflare's VPN service, "Warp", and apparently that's causing an issue. When I disabled that connection, I was able to get to DirectAdmin. I'll open a support ticket to Cloudflare. Thanks for checking.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We block VPN services in general as that could be used as a means to among other things bypass country restrictions (we do not provide free hosting in all countries, some cases we're simply not allowed due to trade regulations, other cases it is a choice based on abuse).