Change my Main Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
they both have IP address of [ 198.91.81.2 ] which is x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo1 ]
are they [ Addon ] or [ Parked (same as 'Aliases') ] domains ?

you can delete them in cPanel-x3 - then reset them for your current needs
###

cjptomas80

Reaction score
I cant replace nor delete eternalzero.com. This domain is a want to be replace by etze.ml.

caftpx10

Reaction score
What would indicate that you cannot remove the custom domain?

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Im talking about my main domain eternalzero.com that is listed after sign in on x10hosting.com and before accesing the cpanel. I want to replace it with etze.ml not as custom/addon/parked domain.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow. That's kind of ancient history - it has been a very long time since users had the ability to change their main domain, since it caused no end of administration issues as outfits like CO.CC changed their usage policies, etc. Folks who haven't been around here long enough might not be aware that some users may have non-x10 main domains.

It definitely requires an admin with sufficient access to make the change, and then you will only be allowed to use an x10Hosting-provided subdomain as your main domain (so, xxxx.x10host.com, xxxx.x10.mx, or whatever). Any domain you obtain outside of that system must be added as either a parked or an add-on domain.

@Anna - can you help this fellow out?

@cjptomas80 - can you supply a preferred subdomain name (understanding that your main domain will not be set to anything other than an x10Hosting-provided subdomain)?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can absolutely help out with this.

@cjptomas80 As essellar pointed out above, the rules have changed so that the main domain must be one of the free subdomains we offer up. So if you just let me know what domain you want (assuming it is available) I'll sort that out for you.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. etze.pcriot.com is applicable? If not just "etze" to any available domain. Been using your services since 2011. I appreciate your good services.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain change has been put into the system, please note that there may take a little while before it is fully operational due to dns propagation time.

Your new main domain is set to etze.pcriot.com as requested.

addozone

Reaction score
If I'm understanding this thread correctly, it's no longer possible to use my own domain name? E.g., the domain name MUST be myname.x10host.com, it can't be myname.zone? Please confirm.

If correct, does anyone know if htaccess rewrites can be used to display a different main domain url?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The main domain must be of that type. You are free to set any custom domains as parked (alias of the main domain) or addon domain (separate site, with the root being something like /public_html/addon_domain/)

If you have the other domain added in your account, the redirect handler in cpanel under domain section would help you out with that, but .htaccess would not be able to display a domain that isn't attached to your account in any form.

addozone

Reaction score
The main domain must be of that type. You are free to set any custom domains as parked (alias of the main domain) or addon domain (separate site, with the root being something like /public_html/addon_domain/)

If you have the other domain added in your account, the redirect handler in cpanel under domain section would help you out with that, but .htaccess would not be able to display a domain that isn't attached to your account in any form.

Got it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.