Cloudflare on cPanel

vekou

Reaction score
Hey, I've noticed that Cloudflare is now integrated with x10's cPanel. Is there any difference when using the cPanel version from using directly from Cloudflare's site?
And by the way, in the cPanel Cloudflare, how secure is it when providing your Cloudflare password? The password textbox isn't even a password input box.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, I've noticed that Cloudflare is now integrated with x10's cPanel. Is there any difference when using the cPanel version from using directly from Cloudflare's site?
And by the way, in the cPanel Cloudflare, how secure is it when providing your Cloudflare password? The password textbox isn't even a password input box.
Ahah..this is news.
But how secure is a question to be answered by the cloudfare site itself.
Please post the link about the cpanel link up with cloudfare..I like to read it myself..

vekou

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the link. But if you login to cPanel, you'll find it there. I think I also read a few days ago about Corey mentioning something about an agreement with Cloudflare.
I was just curious if using the cPanel Cloudflare has some added benefits aside from the ones Cloudflare free version is offering right now.

vekou

Reaction score
I've already had a Cloudflare account. I tried using the one on cPanel. It didn't detect my domain that was already activated in Cloudflare.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've already had a Cloudflare account. I tried using the one on cPanel. It didn't detect my domain that was already activated in Cloudflare.
How can I know if Cloudflare is activated and working fine or if there is a problem with my cloudflare account?
Is there a way to check and verify cloudflare funtionality on my site?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The features are the same, however some can only be managed directly from the CloudFlare website.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The cPanel plugin is to make it easier for users to get started with CloudFlare, instead of going to their site, signing up, modifying their DNS records, etc... all they have to do is login to cPanel and turn it on. For advanced features you will still need to login over at CloudFlare.

If the Cloud is Orange in cPanel it means it is turned on and working.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
cloudflare is a great service to stops those spam bots and to block countries, ip and ip range.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If the Cloud is Orange in cPanel it means it is turned on and working.
Ahah..nice.This is what I was looking for.
The notation if Cloudflare is active or not..
Thanks for the nice and to the point clarification.
Regs,
VVBB

nasruddin45

Reaction score
I been using cloudflare for month now, with another host, yes it saved me big time prevented my website from "Dictionary Attacks" several times.

More it saves loads of bandwidth and requests and load speed is -70% most of the time

Question from me : what if we already have cloudflare account do i need to activate it through xhosting cpanel?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You do not need to activate it through our cPanel if you do not want to. You can use CloudFlare the 'normal' way still. It is just a convenience thing.