Code 2000-0334

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Having an issue with my Dell laptop, giving error code 2000-0334 when I run the diagnostics. The display wasn't working but now it is again, Dell suggests removing the video card from the desktop computer...

The service manual doesn't seem to show any way of removing the video chip so I can reseat it so I suspect it's not modular (i.e. it's soldered to the motherboard).

Any ideas?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's an error that shows up under Diagnostics when there's video hardware error (generally shows up from lack of user input during a prompt in Diagnostics). With a laptop, you really have no choice BUT to replace the motherboard if you need to replace the graphics card. Only high end, gaming laptops tend to have the ability to swap video cards.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you have to replace the motherboard...you might as well buy a new laptop, my family member bought one for 300$ brand new, better then this piece of $*%t laptop I have, that I bought for 700$.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
lol

It's suddenly started working again!!! Stupid thing... I think.... it's confusing, there doesn't seem to be any consistency - it didn't work right up to the ubuntu login screen.

My thoughts are something's either loose or there's a serious flaw with it somewhere. Sometimes it doesn't work then after turning it back on again and it's fine.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Perhaps Gremlins?

gremlin.jpg