Couple of sites that I have been working on!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Both designs are cool..

You Done a good work :)

Last edited:

miguelkp

Reaction score
The first one is quite good, clean and smooth. The dog edges are a bit hard so try to blur those edges and it will look better. And try to improve a bit the logo: borders, bevels, glows and shadows, satins and so on.

The second one: colors are too much intense. I would desaturate it a bit hehehe. And the gradients have too much contrast. Try to 'bring colors closer'. Instead of black, try to use a dark desaturated blue for background gradients and dark desaturated reds for 'logo', menu and footer gradients.

Web designer tricks - sponsored by Miguel.KP XD

A thing I can see (about the second one too) is that you used too big images for the gradients. Let's see your main background image:

http://jamietees.info/theme/images/content.png

1px width will be enough if you use background-repeat:repeat-x; in you CSS like you did with the footer.
You can do the same with the footer: 1px will be enough.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
yeah, lol about the second one I couldnt be bothered atm,

I will edit the graphics a bit later tonight, Im a bit tired atm so yeah, The dog image will change on the first one, thats just basically where it will be placed atm,
Been mostly focusing on the backend stuff atm... havent had time xD
Actually, I will start to change the portfolio now, I have time :p

Well I have edited the images, looks better allthough now im working on the header image, I think Ill render lighter clouds tbh,

:D

Last edited:

death180

Reaction score
The second one is to brigt of colors. The blue and red are too intense and don't mix well. Change the hue od the colors maybe blue gets darker and red gets a tid bit brighter.

wongers

Reaction score
im afraid i dont like either site :-( the first one the blues are too vibrant and harsh, the dog looks weird and is behind a bar?

second site, blues and reds dont mix, gradients are awful. sorry.

mdailey

Reaction score
:lockd:The first site seemed to be down. The server asked me for a username and password and showed me a bare "Site under construction" page when I clicked cancel.

The second website could use some work. You should get rid of the red and blue color scheme. I would say keep the blue and replace the red with white and gray gradients. Keep the gradients low though--little contrast. you should also constrain the layout to a smaller width. People don't like to read all across the screen. Here's how you can do this:

in your css for your container element, put this code:
margin: 2em auto;
width: 800px;
and that should be good. keep up the good work.