Creation of a new hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
So I went inactive for a while and my hosting account was terminated. That's okay, I don't mind and I understand the need to free up server space. Now that I intend to be active and work on my website, I figured I would create a new account, which I called "peterboroughlets". When I did, I didn't get any sort of a "thanks for creating an account, now check your email" message, I just got forwarded back to x10hosting.com/home, and I had to log in again to access the forums. I never got a confirmation email, either. Maybe I should be patient and wait longer for the confirmation email, but I'm a little worried that my new account just never got created. After all, when I go to http://peterboroughlets.x10hosting.com/ it does say "domain available". Bugger.
Edit:
Anyhow, just to elaborate on this problem, I clicked that button that says "Didn't receive your signup confirmation? Click here to have it sent again to you." I've tried having the confirmation resent, but it's still not arriving in my email. No, it's not in the junk mail folder or filtered straight to the trash or anything like that. I did get the little message that says "Hosting account signup confirmation email re-sent. Please check your e-mail for further instructions." Also, it won't let me sign up for a hosting account again, saying that I already have one, so the new one probably did get created.

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Are you sure you've entered the correct email address. If it is not in your inbox then it should either be in the junk or spam folder. Please make sure again.

tittat

Reaction score
Some email providers filters the mail even not allowing it to go to the junk/spam folder.Try using a different service provider.
I had a similar issue with the yahoo.

Each time you mark a mail as spam the more powerful the spam guad becomes.So try a different provider.

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
You know, the last time I created an account, I got the email. It's definitely the correct email address, and the email is not going to the junk/spam folder. Fortunately, (or maybe unfortunately) Yahoo doesn't bounce potential junk mail at all, but will just send it to the junk folder (or the trash if I have a domain block set).
I'm not quite sure what to do. I think the confirmation email just isn't being sent.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Do some of the following which may resolve the issue:
1.Clean(EMPTY) cookies in your browser and then try it again.
2.Use different browser temporarily.

And be patient, as it got registered in first place, so there is no reason for not working now.

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
Ah hah! That did the trick. I had tried logging out and logging in again a couple of times earlier, but to no avail. After clearing the cookies like you suggested then logging in again and requesting the email be resent, it worked instantly! I guess the twelfth time was a charm, eh.

Anyhow, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.