Critique Me

Chris

Reaction score
http://alac.x10hosting.com

Only one page. Once I finalize it to how I like it, I'm going to add more.

DOH. I just noticed that it looks horrible on IE. All that work... Forget them for now.

:)

InkMaster

Reaction score
Chris said:
http://alac.x10hosting.com

Only one page. Once I finalize it to how I like it, I'm going to add more.

DOH. I just noticed that it looks horrible on IE. All that work... Forget them for now.

:)

Nice idea, but gets annoying after a while, my suggestion for the future; never use pure black. The darkest color I would suggest you use is 0E0E0E... Same applies to white, I usually try not to go lighter the F0F0F0.

Chris

Reaction score
I'm going to look into the CSS way of displaying something different if it is IE or FF. Right now I'm converting things that work in FF to ways that work in both.

What I like about the website is that it doesn't use tables AT ALL. So I can easily swap around to where things are located. The bad part is that it isn't shown in IE easily. But, the reason for that is most likely of the way I coded it: I didn't do it right.

Conor

Reaction score
I like the site. The links at the top could go though....unless you're consistent putting all your links up there.

Chris

Reaction score
If you mean the Projects, Programming, and About, then that is where I'm putting the links. I'm going to add more links up there. And like I said, I will be making the forum totally built in and have the forum links such as profile and private messages where it says "forum links coming soon".

Conor

Reaction score
Sounds cool. Looking forward to a final result. :)

nicholas

Reaction score
i like the part "information is knowledge, knowledge is power" :D the rest sucks though :p

just joking :D nice color combination you have :)

Chris

Reaction score
nicholas said:
i like the part "information is knowledge, knowledge is power" :D

Yeah I always liked that quote, and since my site will be an "internet itself", hehe, I designated that quote to my site.

My family is like basically built upon a ton of quotes, hehe. "information is ...etc" wasn't one of them, but I have like over a hundred of them in my NX80V handheld, gathered from times when someone of my family said them.

BTW, I'm still working on getting it to work in IE. I know how to make it so it'll change the CSS based on browser... I just havn't had the time.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like the site especailly the top graphic that says alacritous :)

Maurice

Reaction score
Not sure, but I checked your forum, and I was thinking, did you make it yourself?

nicholas

Reaction score
Chris said:
Yeah I always liked that quote, and since my site will be an "internet itself", hehe, I designated that quote to my site.

My family is like basically built upon a ton of quotes, hehe. "information is ...etc" wasn't one of them, but I have like over a hundred of them in my NX80V handheld, gathered from times when someone of my family said them.

BTW, I'm still working on getting it to work in IE. I know how to make it so it'll change the CSS based on browser... I just havn't had the time.

to me it is not just a quote, it is how truth the quote is :smile:

cheer~

Chris

Reaction score
ademonicbaby said:
Not sure, but I checked your forum, and I was thinking, did you make it yourself?

You mean the template Dark Sky? No...

I said that I would build a new forum (well, using phpBB) into my website. Well, I have changed my mind, and just going to make a template JUST like my website. This is exactly like what I did to my blog. I don't know why I said "built in" because you can't exactly do that... like there isn't really like a way... it would be just like making a new template.