[Custom Domains on Level] - GoDaddy Domain Name Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitepet

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't get my domain name to work. When I go to Domains > Add New Domain and try to create a parked domain it keeps on saying:

Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.

I have the nameservers set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com so I don't know why it keeps saying that. It was doing this yesterday as well. The domain is from GoDaddy.

I was supposed to have this website up and running for someone in my family on Sunday but I can't get this domain to work.

Thank you in advance.

elitepet

Reaction score
There are a bunch of X's and just a couple checkmarks:

00000653.png

Does this mean it's still propagating or is there another issue?

It would be really nice if it would just start working in the United States tonight since that's really all that the traffic will be coming from. In fact, since my family member's business only serves a few counties in Michigan if it would just work in Michigan then that would be fine with me. If this is just a propagation issue and there aren't any other problems, do you have any idea how long it will take to finish propagating?

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

coderzinc40

Reaction score
TY! very useful tool i will add this to my arsenal and possibly make an addition to my irc bot for this :D

elitepet

Reaction score
Hello again,

The DNS propagation still hasn't updated. I think there is another issue with it.

00000654.png

I'm not sure if it's a problem with GoDaddy or x10hosting.

Thanks,
Nathan

webdevtu

Reaction score
I am in the exact same situation. I have a domain from godaddy which simply won't finish propagating- so I can't add it to x10.

What's the issue?

respons2

Reaction score
it's not just godaddy, a quick search on the forum will reveal others are having the same problem, me included. it's a x10 problem. someone will pick up on it soon if enough people raise it and will get it fixed. hopefully!

Sakimabear

Reaction score
My question is how can it be X10's issue when very view other name servers don't recognize the domain, but the few that do do show the proper setting.

respons2

Reaction score
My question is how can it be X10's issue when very view other name servers don't recognize the domain, but the few that do do show the proper setting.

I am not with godaddy as many others on the forum arent, all experiencing the same problems.
I suggest you try and park a domain on your account & see what happens, then approach your registrar, they will confirm the problem is not theirs.

Sakimabear

Reaction score
respons2, I did what you suggested and I owe you and the others an apology. I pushed a sub from my main domain here (which I have had 10+yrs) I know it's setup correctly. I pushed the DNS and the A record to x10 and it still get the can't find IP addresses. So it must be an X10 issue.

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/gaming.sakima.net

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I pushed the DNS and the A record to x10 and it still get the can't find IP addresses. So it must be an X10 issue.
@Sakimabear Did you set the nameservers on the domain? I'm not quite sure if just an A record will suffice.

Code:
freedns1.registrar-servers.com
freedns2.registrar-servers.com
freedns3.registrar-servers.com
freedns4.registrar-servers.com
freedns5.registrar-servers.com

@elitepet @webdevtu @respons2 Sorry if I missed this, but what is the domain this is happening to?

Thank you,

Sakimabear

Reaction score
Yes I did Dead-i I am waiting for the propagation

Update: was not propagating, called my registrar support, had them re-do the DNS, and now we'll what happens.

Last edited:

elitepet

Reaction score
@Sakimabear Did you set the nameservers on the domain? I'm not quite sure if just an A record will suffice.

Code:
freedns1.registrar-servers.com
freedns2.registrar-servers.com
freedns3.registrar-servers.com
freedns4.registrar-servers.com
freedns5.registrar-servers.com

@elitepet @webdevtu @respons2 Sorry if I missed this, but what is the domain this is happening to?

Thank you,

My domain is elitepetfence.com

webdevtu

Reaction score
@Dead-i - my domain is http://webdevtutorials.net. My servers are still not propagating according to whatsmydns.net. I contacted GoDaddy and they told me to contact "your hosting or DNS Zone file provider for more details to ensure that it is set up properly."

I have set the nameservers on Godaddy's website to the x10 servers. It has been well over 48 hours now...

elitepet

Reaction score
I chatted with a GoDaddy Support Agent last night and he said that the DNS propagation got stuck or something. He said that he pushed a refresh through or something. That was last night and it's still not working today. I think it may be an x10 issue.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
On both of those domains the nameservers do not seem to be fully propagated to our nameservers.

You can take a look at the following website for information on how much your domain's DNS has progressed:
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/

DNS propagation is out of our control. The issue here is that it appears from various servers across the globe that the domain isn't pointing to x10Hosting, even though it apparently is. This is a rather curious issue though; does everybody having this problem have their domain on GoDaddy ?

webdevtu

Reaction score
Yes, webdevtutorials.net is from Godaddy. Why though would they want me to contact x10?

coderzinc40

Reaction score
my domain is with godaddy as well and propagation is stuck for me as well They told me, the nameservers are not responding properly , as i showed in my post

dattechx

Reaction score
How many times do I have to say this! It is so obvious that it is a x10hosting problem, it's been happening since Saturday and pissing everyone off why can't they fix it, everyone from every registar cannot add the parked domain etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.