Cutenews

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
How do I install cutenews on x10hosting? I read the readme file and downloaded smartftp like it said but can't use the chmod option. Don't really know why. But, I can what is the path and domain name needed? If you can, post with screenshots please. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I`m not exactly sure what your asking but there are 2 ways to chmod files. In your ftp client right click on the file and go down to "properties" or in your file manager click on the file name and in the top right corner of your screen you will see some options appear click on "change permissions" I dont understand what you mean by path and domain name needed ???

mysticfirez

Reaction score
When you try to upload the files, it will prompt you for the server name, path, username and password. I don't really understand what it means. You mean I can also change the permissions to 777 instead of 644? It is the same as chmod-ing? By the way, how do I upload all the files at one go? Front-page or using the file manager's upload files section because the upload files section only has a 12 file limit. Thanks for the help.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I use cuteftp pro and with that program you use your cpanel username and password and the ip address to the server your on to connect to your account. Browse to the files you want to upload on the left of the screen and browse to where you are going to put them on the right, click the first file in the list on the left hold down the shift key and click on the last file in the list on the left. Then its simple drag and drop to the folder you are putting them to on the right. Your upload will start and all files will be uploaded.

When they are uploaded you can right click on the file and go to properties and change the permissions. (chmod)

mysticfirez

Reaction score
Is cuteftp pro embedded in the static plan or is it limited to advanced or corporate?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
cuteftp pro is a stand alone ftp program that DOES NOT come with cpanel or the hosting plans.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I like cuteftp pro but there are others out there that work just as good. You mentioned smartftp thats another good one.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
Ya, but in smartftp it asks me for the path which I don't know about and domain. That is if I select the files individually. If I select them all and click connect it automatically under default puts the server name as yourserver.com I don't know how to change it. Any alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.