"Default Web Page" and "69.175.120.122" in A record of DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whenever I am visiting my website (sociallizze.in), a white page turns up with the words "Default Web Page". I have been suffering from this issue for the past couple of hours.

I also opened my DNS settings page and there I found an "A record" whose details are given below::

Name: sociallizze.in
Type: A
Record: 69.175.120.122

I immediately typed http://69.175.120.122 in my browser's address bar and the same page containing the words "Default Web Page" turned up.

What is this 69.175.120.122? Do I have to change it to something else to get rid of the "Default Web Page" error?

Please reply.

Regards,
Debojyoti Ghosh
(a troubled user)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

That domain loads fine for me. Please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS (as admin if using Vista/Win7), cycle your browser, then try again.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello,

That domain loads fine for me. Please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS (as admin if using Vista/Win7), cycle your browser, then try again.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. The "clear browser cache" part is clear to me.
But I do not understand what you meant by "flush your DNS" and "cycle your browser".

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards.

Reaction score
I don't think that has worked for me. I also asked a friend of mine to visit my site (with and without using 'www').
But he, too, was greeted with the 'Default Web Page' in both instances!

By the way, when you visit the site, does it show a light green background? URL is sociallizze.in.

Regards.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, light green, with a login box on the right.
Try appending ?foo to the end of the URL.

Reaction score
Nothing is working for me! :(

BTW, I registered my domain name with BigRock.com today (11 hours ago). The NS records at bigrock.com account are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.
All other DNS records are present in the DNS zone in the cPanel of my x10hosting account. These records were created 5 hours ago.

They include CNAME, MX and TXT.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you tried to look at the URL before you registered it (to see if someone has it, etc) and set the nameservers, your part of the DNS system will have old information for up to 24 hours. The system keeps old information and only looks for fresh info after X hours. Your friend probably is on the same branch of the DNS system. Possibly even the same ISP.

We can see your site. We never tried to access that URL before, so when we did it for the first time, our branch of the DNS system had to go out and get up to date information.

Try using a web proxy like hidemyass.com to visit your site.

Otherwise, all you can do is wait.

Reaction score
Hey, it's now working for me too! Thanks a lot. You guys rock!

:)

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Oh, by the way, what about the "69.175.120.122 in A record of DNS" part?

I had also opened my DNS settings page and there I found an "A record" whose details are given below::

Name: sociallizze.in
Type: A
Record: 69.175.120.122

What does this ip 69.175.120.122 refer to? And what would happen if I change it?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The IP address is the server your hosting account is on. The reason there is an A record there is so the domain points to the correct server for your account.

This is intended and is not needed to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.