Direct Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan H

Reaction score
At the moment we do have full root shell access to our stored VPS, however when we start a reboot it is impossible to know when it is finished, unless we put in an extra boot script but i'd rather not touch that. is there anyway to have direct access so we see all messages from the server, including startup prompts?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thing is it doesn't start all the processes. The thing with OpenVZ is it shares them with the host server, in this case vox.

Your VPS dosn't have it's own kernel either, it's shared.

Nathan H

Reaction score
ahhhh, so its not a true virtual server like the one vmware would create. Though that makes it slightly confusng as to why it takes so long to properly reboot the server?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
ahhhh, so its not a true virtual server like the one vmware would create. Though that makes it slightly confusng as to why it takes so long to properly reboot the server?

I did some tests on mine, takes under one minute.

Nathan H

Reaction score
It must of been a problem with how i used to have it set up, it's doing it under a simliar time scale now, im gonna close this since the original issue/suggestion is no longer valid

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
You forgot to close the thread, so I'll do it for you :). I do that a lot too, you're not the only one.

-Luke.

* Thread Closed *

Status
Not open for further replies.