DNS Problems whilst setting up CloudFlare Please Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon.evanz48

Reaction score
Hello,
Firstly, thank you for a GREAT free resource and service.
Once everything is properly setup and the traffic begins to flow to my website ;) I will upgrade to a premium service.

Okay, now for my problem(s) I have used cpanel in my past hosting accounts and found it one of the best ways to administer a website it beats Plesk hands down. One thing that was new to me was the CloudFlare service that you have partnered up with to offer distributed CDN. I am now in the process of trying to get everything to work together and in this process is where i'm finding problems.

To give you a quick overview of what I am trying to achieve is simple.

I have one primary domain that was provided to me during the signup process with X10Hosting.com and this domain is: digial.elementfx.com

Parked and Addon Domains:

I have also moved over my other domain name's in the following fashion
I have Parked my main (*primary*) Domain = simon-evans.info and this points to ../public_html/ (No Redirects)
I have also Added on x2 Domain names =
simon-evans.cz.cc and points to /public_html/ (No Redirects)
simon-evans.co.cc and points to /public_html/ (No Redirects)

I have One Website; A WordPress Blog.
This WP-Blog install is to be in the root folder of my account: home/majika/public_html/ (so my website can be found under the www.subdomain.info)

Everything on that side of things seems fine. I can access my blog and my domains all redirect back to:
http://www.simon-evans.info/ - This is the case as I only have one index.php file in the public_html/ folder so this is why my website works under my other domain names (Wonderful Stuff!)

Now for the Optimization part via Cloudflare.

Under cpanel where you click to enter the CloudFlare options for each of my domains only two of them are orange clouds and the other 2 are "greyed out"

I have tried everything under the sun to try to get them to get detected properly by cPanel and CloudFlare. Now Cloudflare Dashboard looks fine and all my X 4 domains have been added and are green meaning that cloudflare is working on those domains but when I dig a little deeper I get errors like:

NAME www.simon-evans.info points to simon-evans.info

Error
Your simon-evans.info's DNS is hosted by CloudFlare. If you'd like to switch to x10Hosting, you must first deactivate and then delete "simon-evans.info" within CloudFlare. These options are available in the Settings menu.
click to close

When I look for my DNS records all looks fine for all my domains; A Records, CNAME, TXT, etc

I have tried to map what's going on myself using Dig:

>> DIG ANY simon-evans.info

Here is the error:

;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.
;; Connection to 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1) for simon-evans.info failed: connection refused.

And Also (Excuse the verbose crud..)

dig any www.simon-evans.info

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> any www.simon-evans.info
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 216
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.simon-evans.info. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.simon-evans.info. 300 IN CNAME simon-evans.info.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
simon-evans.info. 86400 IN NS greg.ns.cloudflare.com.
simon-evans.info. 86400 IN NS pam.ns.cloudflare.com.

;; Query time: 83 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 16 11:41:03 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 106

I hope that you can help me solve this issue as it is very annoying indeed..

P.S. I have waited for the DNS Servers to fully propagate throughout the internet 48hours + This is too good a service just to disable it and go back to using the default Name Servers of x10hosting.com I would very much like to get Cloudflare to work correctly.

Many thanks in advance,

Simon Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.