Do you know or are you learning another language?

Do you know or are you learning another language?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm currently taking a French class. I'm curious as to how many people know or are learning another language.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I can understand and speak three languages..

Urdu, Punjabi, English
English is not too good.

and I am learning Arabic...

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm learning German and French.

I also know PHP and HTML and that lot, but I don't think that counts :D

~Callum

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score

~Callum

I think we are talking about Human Languages not machine Languages;)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

~Callum

Yay for French :). I know a few machine languages too but I was talking about human languages, lol.

Comment ça va?

I think we are talking about Human Languages not machine Languages;)

Yup.

I can understand and speak three languages..

Urdu, Punjabi, English
English is not too good.

and I am learning Arabic...

From what I've seen you type, your English is fine :)

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm learning Hindi, English, Japanese and french.

Edit: I'm only learning to speak not to write.

Last edited:

miguelkp

Reaction score
I'm Spanish :) And, well... I'm writting in English here, right now XD

When I went to Highschool, I learned (not much, by the way) French as well. But now I would not say a word except 'au revoir' and 'merci beaucoup'... :biggrin:

And about English... well, I can read and write it with some help (Word Reference rules XD) but I can't speak and/or listen to it 'fluently' :frown:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I fluently speak French and English. (Ca va très bien, et toi?) I have some knowledge of Spanish, took 3 years at school, 5 years ago, and some German (very basic: danke & bitte :p). I am planning to finish off Spanish and German and head for an Asian language.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I fluently speak French and English. (Ca va très bien, et toi?) I have some knowledge of Spanish, took 3 years at school, 5 years ago, and some German (very basic: danke & bitte :p). I am planning to finish off Spanish and German and head for an Asian language.

Ça va bien, aussie! <and that's about all I know right now lol>

I am learning French.

Awesome.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
To learn to write I've to join some classes and in my daily life I'll never need to write in foreign language (except english, it is our national language) until I'm in India so I don't used to do that and I've no time to join any classes cause I'm preparing for IIT (extremely difficult entrance examination here).

Mitch

Reaction score
I am learning German (and also English)

And i speak Dutch (main language) and English.

fxabreu

Reaction score
I am Brazilian and I speak Portuguese.
Some people think that Brazilians speak Spanish, but that is not true and i also makes me :mad:

I saw a couple of movies and tv serie's closed caption/subtitles referring to Portuguese as Spanish, I thought it is so weird :dunno:

I speak Portuguese and I learned Spanish at college and I took three years of German when I was younger. My wife is learning French and she teaches me some words once in a while.

It was so much fun to put the words together when we went to Quebec and nobody spoke in English to us, so we kind of had to try with gestures, it was so much fun. It was fun up to the point we got a flat tire, and with nobody that could change our tire and could speak English with us, it as quite an adventure.:lol:

I love learning new stuff, so go ahead, use your brain, make your life worth it and remember that knowledge is the only thing nobody would steal from you.

Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to share this with you.

Cheers,
Fernando

posidyn

Reaction score
Why don't you want to know how to write the language?

I do but I am just not willing to pay to learn yet. The FSI-Languages site does not teach writing for Thai.... Or at least I haven't found a lesson that taught writing yet.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I do but I am just not willing to pay to learn yet. The FSI-Languages site does not teach writing for Thai.... Or at least I haven't found a lesson that taught writing yet.

Oh, that's understandable.

Looks like as of now, the poll is 100% knowing or learning a language. That's pretty cool. I thought it would be totally opposite.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like as of now, the poll is 100% knowing or learning a language. That's pretty cool. I thought it would be totally opposite.

England and the US are pretty much the only countries arrogant/lazy enough to assume that they don't have to learn another language :)

~Callum