Domain redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamrleader

Reaction score
Hi there, I hope someone can help...

I have changed my nameservers to point to the x10 nameservers. That has been successful. Now, I then went to addon domains - but when I add my domain on (prldesign.co.uk), its asks me to put it pointing to a new sub-domain (so I put it to main.prldesign.x10hosting.com).

Right, so then I went back into addon domains and click redirect to make the domain point to all the webspace (so prldesign.x10hosting.com instead of main.prldesign.x10hosting.com). Now, I am trying delete main.prldesign.x10hosting.com but I can't and it says "Sorry, the subdomain main cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain prldesign.co.uk. You must first remove the addon domain."

I don't get it! Why can't I delete the sub?

Thanks!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
To do this you'd want to make your domain the main one for your account instead of a sub.

How an add-on domain works is; it makes a 'sub domain' for the add-on and creates a separate folder. So this new folder will be the root directory for that add-on domain. So say I added on corey.com to my x10hosting.com account, I would make a subdomain corey and everything in the corey folder would be the root directory of corey.com . That is why it won't let you erase the subdomain because it is really what is shown on the TLD.

If you want we can update your account's primary domain to that for you instead of the .x10hosting subdomain. PM me.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.