Domain & Subdomain Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

uraceele

Reaction score
So I am having an issue with images... I really don't know what to do. I've changed meta tags, tried htaccess tricks and I'm stumped. I have a script that pulls and image and saves it to a directory. The script allows you to "refresh" the image in which it grabs a new one or if you update the entry it will grab the correct file and save it (all with predefined name ex image_1.png, image_2.png)

However, I'm having an issue. I don't think it could possibly be browser based because when I was testing locally it always refreshed/updated. But here is what gets me the most. I can try to view the file on a parked domain and it's always a cached version (even after appending a timestamp or whatever to the filename). If I go to the subdomain (for the parked domain), the image is the latest (not cached).

I've never had an issue like this. And normal if you view the image and refresh it a time or two it will update but that isn't working either... Please, someone help.

uraceele

Reaction score
Thank you. Although that fixed it, sadly my problem was due to a typo that I just caught on to :oops:

I had set my php headers and their was a typo and it wasn't throwing any errors but it had no effect and continued to cache...

But thanks for pointing me to that, it's certainly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.