Doom 3 Subliminal Skull Images

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Has anyone here played Doom 3? If so, did you watch the intro video instead of skipping it?

I watched the intro a few times but never noticed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Bpdin7fTo

At two points in the video an image of a skull flashes very quickly. If you think this is a fake video, watch your own Doom 3 intro and record it and slow it down (you might be able to notice it at full speed now that you know to look for it). According to the following comment there are also some other faces in there that he didn't show, so it might be worth slowing down anyway:
zelrio (1 month ago)
Us that in there? Or did you put that in there?

(Reply)

MTOMalley (2 weeks ago)
It is a straight rip of the intro video. It is in there. Play the game and pay attention to the flashy garbled ****.Apparently I missed some faces!
It would be good if someone could post a higher quality video (on your x10Hosting account, perhaps) that also shows the other hidden images, if there really are any.

I know there's nothing really odd about those images being in the Doom 3 game, since after all it's a scary game. However, I found it cool and interesting because I never noticed them before, so I thought someone else might enjoy it also.

In addition to this, the commercial for the Xbox version of the game (at the very beginning) had a person with their head leaning out of a taxi that drove by very quickly (you saw a flash of the person). If you pause the commercial at the beginning, the man has a messed up face and no eyes. I really am too scared of the commercial to look closely, even though I watched it before and wasn't scared until I read a comment on YouTube pointing out the weird man in the taxi.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8869.shtml

It's a pretty unique commercial that's worth checking out, even if you haven't even ever played Doom 3 (and don't intend to).

Last edited: