Downloading

Chris Z

Reaction score
well you could just hotlink it, which just means you just put that link on the page or w/e so they can access it

Masta111

Reaction score
but i dont want to do a link. i just want it to be /blahblablah.zip

EDIT: and how would i do that on ftp?

Last edited:

Besley

Reaction score
just upload in the public_html/folder/filelocation
when u post the link, its just it wihtout the public/html

Chris Z

Reaction score
i helped him solve this problem....the problem was is that he was linking to quickwap.zip, but the file was QuickWap.zip or something like that...so it was just a case error

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Just a note to the moderators and other gamers, this is a cheat for Counter Strike 1.6. It is MOST PROBABLY picked up by VAC and you will be PERMANANTLY banned. I have been banned for nothing, so i will never buy games requiring steam again!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
MicroProcessor said:
Just a note to the moderators and other gamers, this is a cheat for Counter Strike 1.6. It is MOST PROBABLY picked up by VAC and you will be PERMANANTLY banned. I have been banned for nothing, so i will never buy games requiring steam again!

Well then whoever is dumb enough to use hacks on CS deserves to be perma-banned by VAC :biggrin:

Stupid noobs :mad:

Last edited:

kryptonyte

Reaction score
MicroProcessor said:

You realize just having the hack installed on your computer is likely to get you banned from VAC protected servers. Unless you completely remove the hack it is likely it was still running dormit on your computer. I have been playing CS for 7 years now and have never had any probelms with any anti-cheat program being run by your server, so you are probably just mad because you cheated and got caught doing it.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
MicroProcessor said:
Off topic, but my Steam account also got banned when I didn't cheat. :-/

Valve still maintains their "VAC is never wrong" attitude, even though VAC has detected false positives before. Software made by humans is VERY likely to have bugs and make mistakes. Valve apparently thinks otherwise.

I am also concerned about playing games with PunkBuster. Install a fresh copy of America's Army and try joining a few PunkBuster-enabled servers, and most likely you will be kicked from a few of them by PunkBuster either while entering or while playing. That's a sign of how many mistakes PB makes, and since PunkBuster is doing some kind of hardware ban I'd hate to be falsely detected to be cheating by PB and then be hardware banned from all games that use it, which is quite a lot.

As for my Steam ban, I know that a mistake was made, whether Valve or anyone else believes it or not. If you say anything about Steam banning you, expect nearly everyone to laugh at you, call you a cheater, and claim that VAC makes no mistakes. But you know what happened (if you really didn't cheat) and just think how this could happen to them, too, and if it does then they're going to stop believing that VAC is perfect.

Last edited:

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Alright this is getting way off topic but I have to say this. It is rare but I have heard of VAC and PunkBuster banning for supposed "cheating" when the user actually has no cheats. Most of these cases end up with the user having some kind of virus or spyware acting similar to a hack. Since hacks try to hide themselves in similar ways to viruses anti-cheating software sees the virus as a hack and bans you. Also you can always contact Steam about the issue and nine times out of ten then will unban you if you tell them you had some kind of malware that caused this ban.

Mods should probably close this topic now.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Steam unbanning... no...

I believe i know what did it, i have Teamspeak Overlay, which hooks into DirectX. Punky kicked me from AA and BF2, etc, for running it and have since had that hardware ban resolved. Steam have refused to unban me even though i have permitted them to search my computer for anything, and my internet logs, etc. They have a zero unban policy, and by doing that they contradict their own EULA, "We will never ban accounts for no reason", but they are not telling me the reason!

BTW, it wasnt CS: S, i was banned from CS 1.6, not the end of the world, but if TSO is going to get me banned, i am not going to buy any steam games. It is a good program, Punky updated their detection against it, so why cant Steam and VAC?!