Drawing for all Invader Zim fans...

Swiblet

Reaction score
Hello =D It's been a while since I submitted art. Wellllp, this is art. I was pressured into making an "original Irken character" for my Jhonen-obsessed friend to make his 5000 Deviantart Pageview celebration with. I swore on my life that I would never make one...but he convinced me. Soooooo...this is it. I tried to make him as kick-ass as possible.

No, I am not a Vasquez obsesser - don't say I am =(

ZorCrouchingforx10-1.jpg

There ya go! =D As you can see, I have recently discovered the joy of the "Polygon Lasso" tool for cell-shading! =D

~~Ben

Last edited:

dazappa

Reaction score
Wow looks nice (and I'm disappointed zim never airs anymore, I've watched like every episode :3. I love the one where gir goes commando and goes to the library.. and zim turns the officers brain into a squid brain xD) Gun sorta doesn't fit in with the zim/irkin style imo.

like2program

Reaction score
I agree he should be carrying that robot...what was it called..Ir?
Ya but I love IZ 2-bad it's gone

Swiblet

Reaction score
=0 That's not Zim, you guys! It's a distant cousin or something. A more badass cousin =) Therefore, he has no GIR and is completely different.

As far as the style...I drew it, so I drew the whole thing in my own style =P I post this because I actually like the way Irkens look in my style.

About Invader Zim...the reason IZ was taken off was because Jhonen Vasquez made the show "too graphic for children". Some kids were scared of Zim after the episode where Zim steals all their organs. On top of that, Jhonen made frequent references to Johnny The Homicidal Maniac with his "Z?" signs and newspapers that just HAPPENED to say "JTHM" on it. On top of THAT, Jhonen sneaked in random freezeframes of Gir covered in blood into random episodes (search "bloody gir" on wikipedia). Nickelodeon told Vee to fix all those problems, he refused to take those orders, so they took his show off the air.

The justification is that it only became popular AFTER it was banned from kids networking ^^ Sucks for Nick, yeah?

~~Ben

dazappa

Reaction score
When I said 'not in the zim style' I meant not in the invader zim style ;). Ah the organ stealing one wasn't that great and I LOVE gir. I was like 8ish when the show first aired and last year it was on at 11pm on nicktoons (different from nick) but then our cable company ate that channel :'( Ah well turbonick on the nick website has like 10 or so complete episodes on there. (and I'm sure there's plenty of places to watch the entire show online and I would appreciate a pm :shifty:)

Swiblet

Reaction score
I haven't seen any places like that, and I've been searching. But there is a certain website we are not allowed to mention on X10 where I downloaded all the DVD sets. It took about 2 weeks, but I got every DVD, including the 7th holiday edition...which I deleted since it sucked. And yes, I love Gir too ^^ It's too bad Jhonen doesn't. He hates the fact that everyone finds him cute. He says they all love IZ for all the wrong reasons xDD

~~B3N