Drupal cannot access web, I cannot change file permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

svcadm

Reaction score
Hi!
My site svcadm.tk is currently running on the Drupal 7 cms.

Unfortunately, it is unable to check for the core/modules/themes updates. The status report says:

HTTP request status Fails

Your system or network configuration does not allow Drupal to access web pages, resulting in reduced functionality. This could be due to your webserver configuration or PHP settings, and should be resolved in order to download information about available updates, fetch aggregator feeds, sign in via OpenID, or use other network-dependent services. If you are certain that Drupal can access web pages but you are still seeing this message, you may add $conf['drupal_http_request_fails'] = FALSE; to the bottom of your settings.php file.

Now, I did follow the instructions (from the drupal site as well) and uncommented the bottom line of /sites/default/settings.php and assigned the recommended permissions.

Nothing changes. So I check again (via filezilla).

The file and directories have reverted to the earlier values (settings.php 444, /default 555) and not the changed values (640 and 755). I change again and again and the same thing keeps happening.

Any ideas???

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Outgoing connections are limited by firewall rules due to past abuses. Exceptions are made for certain software packages and purposes. Drupal updates should be one of these exceptions (though the admins have final say). Find out which servers and ports should be accessible and open a ticket so an admin can review what can and should be changed in the firewall config.

As for permission issues, try a different method of checking and changing them, such as the cPanel file manager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.