Drupal problem back

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by lionheart8, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionheart8

lionheart8 New Member

Hi

Some few weeks ago during the update process, I had several problems with one of my Drupal sites, some of them memory related.
    The other day I was working on one & had disabled most modules, apart from the core ones when at one point the site turned blank. If many modules are in use & the site has HEAVY traffic, it may require high memory resources. The problem however as I said is I had disabled most, only a few core ones were on & I was the only the one on the non-launched site, which is normally or mostly password protected. [http://www.orbit.x10hosting.com/drupal5/]
    According to the Drupal support forums, that behavior is caused by insufficient memory.
    Another Drupal site is ok.
    Could there have been any adjustments of late?
    If not, any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Regards

2. lambada

lambada New Member

Check through the source code and remove any @ symbols in front of function names. It's probably failing, but the @ stops any error messages being recorded or outputted anywhere.

3. lionheart8

lionheart8 New Member

Hi
    Thanks ....

Actually normally Drupal shows errors & it has been doing so. The blank page is almost certainly caused only by this memory related error unless there's another which is hardly documented or whose documentation is hidden somewhere. The Drupal support community is normally good & very vibrant. One mostly gets good support as even the CMS developers are very active.
    Considering your suggestion, I will try and see, but with countless files around - it'd be hard to know where to begin.

One person in the forum was advising me to look at the server error logs which would give me an idea of where the problem could be, but on logging on to cpanel, "Error log" is completely empty.
    I wonder what that could mean. I dont see where to enable it. I had actually never visited it before.

Regards

4. Corey

Corey I Break Things Staff Member

Next time you get an error send me the exact time it happened at and I will look in the server error log.

-Corey

5. Bryon

Bryon I Fix Things

In the past when I've gone through and looked at your site (Installations of Drupal) I've found that in different files, Drupal sets the memory limit to it's own level, using something such as ini_set('memory_limit', '16M'), which then causes the insufficient memory issues.

I just ran this in your Drupal directory:
    Code:
    [B][root@cossacks drupal5]#[/B] grep -R ini_set\(\'memory_limit\' *
     sites/default/settings.php:ini_set('memory_limit', '12M'); /* Added to try solve color problem */
     sites/default/settings1.php:ini_set('memory_limit', '50M');
    Where are you seeing the errors/problems that you're having? I looked around on your site but I cannot find any.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.