Dynamite Tech Design

Dan

Reaction score
Here's my proposed front page design for my website:

http://dynamitetech.elementfx.com/design/

What do you think??
Please don't just answer back saying 'That look's good'. I want critiscm and constructive comments so I can make it look more professional....

port5900

Reaction score
only cause i like your "D" I will do this out of love for another Designer. -=)
the Back ground stripes are ok but get rid of the gradient...the one that makes it fade out in the bottom.
Dont advertise your self on your own site..makes no since...so that means good bye to the yellow star burst on the top right. theres a thin white line on top of the red that has to be fixed. now the four color squares give them room the breath make them just a bit smaller. i hope on the final version when i move over the squares they will tell me what they are or what section there going to take me too. Also take away the stripe lines from the white...it might* look better i not sure. and the font on the bottom keep it as a regular font...thats the copyright stuff that has to be clear to read. as for the over all colors i like the colors and the placement of the text and shapes and i the the black gray stripe background is nice -=)

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Ok thanks for all that, editing it now.
This is currently only the design - it is not a working website by the way.

Zenax

Reaction score
Ok. One of the main things that I noticed was the background. This gave me a high expectation of what I expected to find on the website. Then I got let down by what I saw.

A box, with some dodgy boxes on them with gradients. I think these should be removed and replaced with some more modern graphics.

However, one of the good points is the "D" graphic. I think this raised the profile of the page a bit, but was then let down with the dodgy looking star on the right. I think it looks out of place, and should either be replaced or removed.

Other than that, I thik that it is a good start!

Dan

Reaction score
Ok thanks Zenax.
What sort of things would everyone class as Modern graphics to use instead of the boxes? I know they haven't got text or picture on them yet - that'll be because I am still finalising what to put on my site....

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
It looks nice, But some thing is hindering in the design. The link for x10hosting is hanging in air, and there is a lot of space at the header and even more more space wastage at the bottom. I liked the background. Color need to changed. It looks like you have used basic color. Try to use color with glassy finish over it because its a tech site.

Lukom

Reaction score
Ok heres my advice, Try to make the sharpness of the text consistant with one another, it makes it more pleasing on the eye and easier to read. Also, Use less colors as to blend everything into a seamless design. And maybe, just for the heck of it, see what the "dynamite tech" text looks like *in front* of the logo "D", maybe more to the bottom of the "D" to unify everything. But I can see where you are going with this, keep it up!

Dan

Reaction score
Ok thanks, Lukom.
I'll try what you've suggested this evening. This is more or less the first website I've actually tried to design properly.
Everybody else that's posted, the design has changed since you reviewed it....

sunils

Reaction score
Ok thanks, Lukom.
I'll try what you've suggested this evening. This is more or less the first website I've actually tried to design properly.

Man good design. I can certainly see there are a lot of changes.
Nothing on the screen, except
a background, enter here button, copyright notice, and advertisement.
I think the previous design was even better than this.(just kidding because the link enterhere didnt work)

Waiting for updation.

Dan

Reaction score
???? Weird! There's definitely more than that - there should be lots of things around the Enter button. Can I ask what browser your using?
Edit:
Just worked out it doesn't work in firefox for some reason.
No idea why - I'll see if I can make it work....
Edit:
Ok, it should work now with Firefox, can someone please clarify it does - thanks!!

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Your background is a bit bad quality and i think that splash image should match with the background instead of just leaving it with a plain white background.

The rest of your site would have probably been a great thing to see if it could actually find the page as i clicked the enter button and it goes to a 404 error page form x10hosting. Was that meant t happen? :(

hatbocs

Reaction score
The stripes don't match up, also in Photoshop when you save images in .jpg I'd use a quality of about 10, or just use .png which generally compress to smaller images too.
That will get rid of the nasty compression artifacts along the edges of the stripes.

I'd also remove the gradient as it doesn't repeat well vertically. Alternatively you could make a huge image with the resolution you think covers most of the screen sizes you think people use (so at least 1280x1024 to cover 4:3 aspects) but this isn't a very elegant solution and is bound to eat up your bandwidth the quickest (since within a couple pageviews more than 1mb of bandwidth would have been used).

The part I like most is the text for "dynamite tech". It's clean, well sized, and looks nice. The D could use a little sharpening up (or redrawn to the size it's at) to make it look cleaner

mac173

Reaction score
Ok thanks, Lukom.

The words Dynamite Tech look nice. I would extend the reflection to include most if not all of the words instead of just the little bit of it shown now. A shadow behind will not be complete, but a reflection in front would show the entire word.

I was less impressed with the D then others. On my comp it looks like a grey fuzzy dice letter. I like the double D in a D design, but the graphic elements are not impressive to me. Either more color, or more "shiney" would make it look better imho.

The pure white box is kind of striking, but plain. I think a background could make things stand out better.

If you know how, use Photoshop or Gimp to make those red circles 3D buttons. More impressive.

The Free Hosting ad in dark blue is lost to the dark background. I can see it kinda on my flat panel at work, but my CRT at home makes it invisible. Lighten up the color on those letters.

You are doing a good job. None of these are easy, and it always takes a lot of work. Keep it up!

Dan

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the comments - I won't be changing it just yet, I've got loads of Homework to do over the next few weeks and a strange poetry assignment to do....

mattura

Reaction score
I would emboss the white section.
The red circles look like they need something (they look like buttons), or else get rid of them altogether. That would make it all more compact
Remember the KISS principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yo have make a border/make a emboss in it.