[e107] Ads

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
Pretty sure most people know this one, or its been covered somewhere, but for people that dont, this is the easiest way to setup ad's on e107; which seems to be the easiest of all CMS'.

After installing e107 (Which is availble via Script Library in cPanel), log in as the admin, and go into the administrators area.

Create a new PHP file, and in it put the code for the ad (see here for ad's), with a text editor or dreamweaver, or your fav editor, etc.

Save the PHP file (eg: e107corpad.php) and upload it into:
/<board dir>/e107_images/banners

Now from the AdminCP go in to Banners, delete the existing banner, create a new one, for "Campaign" just put "x10hosting", and "Client" again "x10hosting", you will not need to set a log-in or anything else,

Below those two fields, you'll see "Banner Image", Click the button "Choose Banner Image" and select the radio button for "code: e107corpad.php"

Now every page will have the complete ad code on every page. Make sure you delete the other ad, otherwise it will automatically rotate the two. And set it to be active!

And thats probly the easiest and fastest way to set-up ad's on anyone site.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
nicholas said:
lol...2 e107 users here... :eek:riginal:

3 now!! lol

but can u guys go more indepth on the tutorial? i still dont' get it?
especially this part:
Code:
Now from the AdminCP go in to Banners, delete the existing banner, create a new one, for "Campaign" just put "x10hosting", and "Client" again "x10hosting", you will not need to set a log-in or anything else

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i gotta double post because i can't find the edit button. but anywyays, how do i add the simple link text ad into a custom menu blcok or into the welcome message? the method u r showing seems to be for the banner

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i tried again and it stilll doesn't work, i even used the coroporate ad code

for the corepad file, what code do i stick in there? i only know html... like does it need the <php>?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I have posted in your thread with a better tutorial..its much easyer to understand...

Matts

Reaction score
I can't get it to work. I'm working on a site for a friend. It's http://gmhouse.x10hosting.com/slayer . I've done exactly what you said, but it won't work.

EDIT: I've switched the theme back to the default theme, and it works fine. But I liked the other theme I had, so do you know how to fix this problem?

Last edited:

elforo

Reaction score
Yes i have the same problem i want the ad on the phpbb theme....how do i put it on there?