Emails sent to my domain are being bounced

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastbour

Reaction score
Emails sent to my domain are being bounced.
I have tried to log into webmail but get an error.

Error says
Internal Server Error
User is over quota

Any ideas how to clear this. My inbox says it's unlimited.

lylex10h

Reaction score
1. Use a POP3/IMAP client to empty the Inbox. If you have a Gmail account, you can use that.
2. In cPanel go to FileManger > mail > domain.tld > name > cur
You can manually delete emails with the FileManager.
It's not unlimited.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
One of your email accounts are using well over 400 mb of space, this would be counted towards the total for your account which would in your case be 512 mb. So while technically you set the email accounts to have unlimited they are still limited by the space available for your account.

Since this is a web hosting company and not a mail hosting company I'd suggest that you either delete emails or use an external client to download them to if you need to keep them all.

eastbour

Reaction score
Thank you lylex10h and Anna. I tried downloading with both a imap & then pop3. Neither cleared the emails so I followed the instructions to manually delete them. I have deleted them but this also removed them from my email client, luckily most had been forwarded to a outlook account. Even though I have deleted the emails the system still shows over 400mb of usage for that email account. I assume this is just a glitch as I am now able to receive emails. I should add that I wrongly assumed that as I was "downloading" my emails via an email client they weren't being stored on x10hosting servers. I know different now & will purge emails now & then. Thank you both again :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure to check in your email client that you do not have the option set to keep them on server until you remove them, if such option exists that is.

IMAP would always leave them on server though as that is a protocol that lets you sync with multiple clients (devices) if needed.

While the option suggested by lylex10h works for removing email I would probably rather have suggested to login to the webmail (accessible from cpanel) and remove them that way.

The inconsistency is probably due to how they were deleted, it should sort itself out given time as far as I'm aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.