Energy saving Search Engine???

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodone

Reaction score
A new search engine alltimesearch.com claims to be a faster searchengine and a tool to save energy..... lol

On it's homepage they stated " 238435 Watt hours saved. " I m not sure what they mean, is it just a marketing strategy or I'm I missing something here. How do they save energy? By what means are they talking about? If they are indeed the fastest saerch engine, How can they be the fastest search engine and be saving more energy at the same time??

I leave guys to decide and tell me what you think because for me personally I don't understand one bit of what this means.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
That's not really energy saving.. The ones who are suppose to save energy are search engines that are black.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Looks like they just want to make money. I doubt that it saves energy.
And it can't be faster than Google because it uses google!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking with blacke.com

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I cant even get to the page !

Just cause it doesn't have a black screen doesn't mean it wouldnt save energy. Maybe it has less CPU ussage and therefor less power used. It could also have hardware that is very energy efficient. It could even be something like the guy who runs it turns off his screen when not using it :p

netjobs

Reaction score
Yes, true, I too could not figure out how they are conserving energy?!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you go to http://www.blackle.com and read a little you will see. The theory is it takes less watts to display the color black than it does white. Thus with thousands of users sing the page, the less energy is being used.

manzoor

Reaction score
Hmmmm

I don't think it really matters. They just want to be famous like Google ??

What do others think ?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It uses google. Its just a custom Google. If you read a little about why hypermedia did it you will understand.

Thewinator

Reaction score
I have a way better alternative, use firefox and just type your search in the box to the top-right.
That saves you the amount of energy it takes to go all the way tot that site ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.