Error 503 Backend fetch failed - Again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
Same issue which was solved last week popping up again
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
The front end web seems to be working. But cannot save anything on WP admin panel.
Server - XO2
Please see
Regards

gonlinex

Reaction score
this was happening to me quite a few times on several accounts, for some reason in my logs; it's using one of my isp's ips and not my ip. it also loads very slow which is bad if i'm trying to publish something. everyone else who visits is fine, no faults. i've tried a tracert check and it seems to take too long to respond on some of them.

this occurred when i was switching accounts moving files/deleting files from them; i guess it's x10's countermeasure to a lot of activity done in a short period of time??

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
No actually I just saw on another thread x10 has installed varnish server and this seems to be giving issues in all free servers. Seem to be happening on database writes and not reads since the web sites are still functional though slow.

Nothing much we can do until x10 figure out a fix for this

gonlinex

Reaction score
well it seems that everything is fine on my other account. gets my ip correct, no slow loading, etc...maybe it's because of the server names and they're doing updates to the servers that actually need it?

i'm on xo2 as well so it's probably that

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
It issue was not there for the last few hours. Started again X02 :banghead:

aquari11

Reaction score
Why was varnish, the most likely culprit here even installed when everything was working fine before that. Staff not busy enough with complaints ? :whistling:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Because caching significantly lowers hardware requirements and cost (assuming it's working properly, of course). Meaning, essentially, that Free Hosting can continue to be free (and ad-free).

ou7l4w

Reaction score
XO1
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 10551643

Varnish cache server

caftpx10

Reaction score
I think the status part of the site should be stickied on the sub-forum so people are aware of the issue and don't need to keep on creating threads about it.

aquari11

Reaction score
Because caching significantly lowers hardware requirements and cost (assuming it's working properly, of course). Meaning, essentially, that Free Hosting can continue to be free (and ad-free).
I thought that was what Cloud Flare was supposed to do ?? No, wait, its broke also.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I thought that was what Cloud Flare was supposed to do ?? No, wait, its broke also.
Cloudflare works fine, however a few things are broken for it.
I assume that Varnish is there to make it even faster (extra caching).

caftpx10

Reaction score
Yeah, such as i cant sign up on it at all.
The main problem I'm having with it is that I cannot turn on development mode, which means changing an image on my site won't update the cache (I don't think purging the cache works either) so I have to change the IMG src and the image file name.

aquari11

Reaction score
Oh well, if everything worked well, this service would cost $20 a month :lol:

webbrewe

Reaction score
Sites are actually significantly slower as a result and front ends are throwing the error too. I assume this is also the reason stylesheet changes don't surface immediately (as they used to).

caftpx10

Reaction score
I think somewhere in the forum it was mentioned that Varnish was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.