ERROR 503 WHY CANT YOU FIX THIS????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqforumx

Reaction score
In addion to what @bdistler said, they should be treated with respect as they're using their free time correcting as much issues as possible.
They don't have access to every single thing so not everything can be solved themselves. When it comes to web hosting, things can go wrong without any changes in terms of file/folder modifications.

You do have a right to complain about issues like this, but it's preferred if it's done respectfully. Be aware that this isn't paid hosting so there's no up-time guarantee.

I do have a suggestion, though I'm not sure what way you would take it (don't worry, it's nothing offensive :p).

I take nothing offensive over the internet whatever people say is full of bs so go ahead I'm listening :)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...whatever people say is full of bs...
do to your "attitude" I have place your nick on my ignore list

AND
this thread has gone off the tracks...

Last edited:

worstlet

Reaction score
and who would pay for that ?
there is no income from 'free hosting'

of the 1000's of users on x10hosting's free-hosting servers only a few (five or less) have this issue

That is simply not true, do a simple search on these forums. Reply back with the individual posts complaining of the same issue. I can assure you, out of the 1000's of users, the numbers of people with this issue are far higher than you suggest.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I take nothing offensive over the internet whatever people say is full of bs so go ahead I'm listening :)
What I was going to say was that X10's paid hosting (not the addons like prime, it's X10Premium) doesn't seem to have these kind of issues, so you could use that.
Though because of this, we understand if you don't really want to go that way.

Free hosting will always has its pros and cons.
I'm personally not a fan of this issue, but when this issue wasn't around, X10 proved itself to be one of the best free hosting provider's, it even handled my site well.

Yeah, you're correct about the amount of users affected by this. There can be more users experiencing such issue and not knowing about the forums.

Anyway, I will have to agree with @bdistler to some extent that this thread is really getting off-topic.
I'm hoping that they do figure out what's causing the communication between Apache and Varnish to fail (or something).

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
That is simply not true*, do a simple search on these forums. Reply back with the individual posts complaining of the same issue...I can assure you, out of the 1000's of users, the numbers of people with this issue are far higher than you suggest.
*bold by me

I spend a lot of time - each day - in this forum - so I can 'see' the number of post by nicks (some who post - have more than one nick and/or accounts) with the open 'issue' this thread is about

IMO - to be "far higher" that number would need to be in the hundreds

tell us the number of 'unique' post with the same open issue of this thread that you 'see' in this forum...

worstlet

Reaction score
*bold by me

I spend a lot of time - each day - in this forum - so I can 'see' the number of post by nicks (some who post - have more than one nick and/or accounts) with the open 'issue' this thread is about

IMO - to be "far higher" that number would need to be in the hundreds

tell us the number of 'unique' post with the same open issue of this thread that you 'see' in this forum...

Well, i don't have time to spend everyday on these forums, i did a quick search and the results reflect my original criticism of your statement.
https://x10hosting.com/community/search/977938/?q=error+503&t=post&o=relevance

But to be more to the point, i'll address your reply to it's fullest.

"tell us the number of 'unique' post with the same open issue of this thread that you 'see' in this forum"

That is impossible, the issue is incoherent, the error effects your site and it starts to work again. 5 mins later, the error comes back. People tend to give up after constant errors and i believe that is what they did. They may not be "open" issues but that's not to say the issue was addressed for them (i speak from experience, i left a year ago).

"IMO - to be "far higher" that number would need to be in the hundreds"

If the range is from 5 up to 1000's of users, if there were only 10 reported cases, sure that would be a little. But the number just for the 503 error code (excluding all other known error codes) is over 100. Sure, they might not be open but the issue has still been reported more than just 5 people (or under).

So yes, for them to be over 100 reported cases, and you claim them to be 5 or under, the number would have to be recognized as far higher than you already claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.