Facing weird problems, Please help me

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by zer0ne1337, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0ne1337

zer0ne1337 New Member

Hello friends,

My blog was running on absolut and now it has been transferred to lotus but I am facing some issues with my blog now..

First I am getting the following error in my (wordpress) site and the admin dashboard:

Code:
    Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0
    I searched Google and got the following solution from http://forum.mambo-foundation.org/showthread.php?t=3219 :

But whenever I am doing what is said I am getting Misconfigured Server error, so I am reverting back. :dunno:

Also suddenly all the sites tags and categories are gone and its empty. Searching through Google I found that this problem is occuring due to the above error only. So if the first problem gets solved the second one gets solved automatically.

Third is when during the move from absolut server to lotus server, lots of my files were missing so I openned a support ticket and my files were recovered from the backup they were having. But later I noticed that I've lost ownership to the files, the owner was now root. Due to this I couldn't edit any files nor I can overwrite the files. Though I manually created another directory and uploaded all the wordpress files myself and got my site back and everything got back to normal. But the old files are still there and they are taking disk space which I want to get back. I am unable to delete them as I am not the owner of them. How do I delete those files? :dunno:

Please help me solve this problems :happysad:

2. zen-r

zen-r Active Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  3. zer0ne1337

zer0ne1337 New Member

Thanks..
    Hmmm.. so I am not the only one facing the problem, well then I will wait for a bit to see if it gets resolved before submitting a support ticket as I have read in the news section that they are already chocked with support tickets. I hope the problem gets resolved quickly.

Can you tell what should I do about my last problem of file ownership? Should I wait before everything gets back to normal in x10hosting world? :happysad:

4. zen-r

zen-r Active Member

In the thread which I linked to, the last poster, xadrieth, said it was working again without him having to submit a ticket. So hopefully the same will happen for you.

I'm not sure about the 2nd question (the "ownership" thing threw me a bit). Perhaps someone else can answer that.

But if I was to hazard a guess, it sounds like Support will have to unlock the files so they can be deleted. Have you actually tried to change file permissions, though? I'd have thought you should be able to, prior to deleting them.

5. zer0ne1337

zer0ne1337 New Member

You mean changing file permissions using FTP client? Yes I did, but it threw me an error that I am not authorized, I mean I cannot change them as I am not the owner of the files which I cannot change. As you can see in the screenshot the owner root for the folders wp-admin and wp-includes3. I have deleted my username from the screenshot for security reasons.

owner.jpg

6. zen-r

zen-r Active Member

I don't know about that. I just meant for you to log into cPanel.

(I just access my cPanel from http://www.MyWebsiteName.x10hosting.com:2082/

or (my server is stoli) http://stoli.x10hosting.com:2082

Also you can log in to your AMP ; http://x10hosting.com/panel.php and then click thru to log in to your cPanel from there.)

Then click the file manager.

You should be able to change file permissions in there.

7. rlodge

rlodge Member

It seems like n30the0ne has basically the same problem I have been experiencing. I submitted a support ticket and received a reply from an Account Manager stating "I am moving this ticket to server move issues as it seems there is a problem with with the owner of those certain files. An admin should reply shortly."

Now they're swamped right now so I know it could be a bit before I get another reply so I'll wait & see.

The message I got when trying to change permissions on a directory was "FileOp Failure on: /home/user/public_html/gallery: Operation not permitted."

Also, when attempting to create a new page I got "Error creating access file in the /pages directory (insufficient privileges)".

I'll wait and see what they come up with to fix this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.