Fallout vs. Oblivion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jpucila, Jan 30, 2009.

1. chaoztlg

chaoztlg New Member

That wasn't always the case. Bethesda took over the place Black Isle used to have ( being the developer). In my opinion, this caused the great downfall in the Fallout series, since otherwise, they woulden't have used the same engine Bethesda made for oblivion.

I'd have to go with Oblivion ;).

2. cmosbob

cmosbob New Member

if you want the game to not end at the end of the mq, you could always go to fallout3 nexus, and get this mod: Freeplay after MQ.
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586

Bob

3. Kayos

Kayos Community Advocate Community Support

Alternatively there will be an expansion that'll allow the game to continue after completion.

4. ramreeko

ramreeko New Member

Oblivion's Canvas is amazing !

5. Zdroyd

Zdroyd New Member

They are made on the same engine, and are different types of games, so you can not compare them... Its like your trying to compare Halo to Pokemon, It cant be done.

But both are awesome games, if you have not played them, you should.

6. Energritz

Energritz New Member

Personally, both games offering something unique, both live up to their names

7. saynelabs

saynelabs New Member

I'm a sci-fi and post-apocalypse nut, so I really have to go with Fallout 3 here. I get the crashing just like everyone else But the game is so good. I got it awhile ago and just stopped doing the main quest just to explore around.

Gotta love 3-Dawg.

Haven't played Oblivion yet, but I got sick of the fantasy/medieval genre so very long ago, I'm not sure if I want to give it a go. Might though.

8. Zdroyd

Zdroyd New Member

Yes it does seem like everywhere you look you see fantasy/medieval. (Can I say WoW!)

I do not understand why people love the "older times" so much. I can think of over one thousand things that would suck back then.