Favourite IRC client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas

Reaction score
My favourite IRC client is without a doubt IceChat. It's easy to set up and use and has the best look of all the clients I've used. ChatZilla rates second, but it's lack of eye candy has basically put me off, now that I have IceChat.

What's your favourite client?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Mirc or wyldryde flash client.

medphoenix

Reaction score
I am noob for IRC, today only started to use that. I have d loaded Xchat client.

FalseHope

Reaction score
mIRC, the best :p The one I use too :) I use 6.21 for me, and the newer versions for coding bots/scripts and so on :D

xenonsoft

Reaction score
Ill have to say that its a split choice between IceChat and miRC for me. Just handy to keep both laying around.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I'm using Pidgin.
That way I can keep all of my instant message accounts on one program. And it's easy to use.

inkblot

Reaction score
irssi works for me, I'm running linux so there are many options out there.

FalseHope

Reaction score
there aren't that many original clients, the two main ones are, Xchat or mIRC IMO. Most of these "clients" you all are talking about are just based off of mIRC or a ripped version of it. :)
mIRC FTW!

Last edited:

afroxav

Reaction score
From my point of view, if using firefox, we should, and I recommend, use ChatZilla since you can view multiple IRC channels from inside our browser. An online IRC could also be used. For the rest, I recommend mIRC.

crisp

Reaction score
I use ChatZilla too, just because of the ease of use, click link in browser, chat client opens, you're away. No fuss, and the multi-channel views are really handy at times. Back in the day though, mIRC was my weapon of choice for IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.