Feedback on webpage

rickle42

Reaction score
I am just about done developing a sample real estate web-site for portfolio purposes. This is my first website. I am going to design it next and was hoping some folks could find some bugs for me b4 I take that on. I was at a friends and he did not get the list of houses at all on the find houses page.

http://jonrickless.x10hosting.com username: real password: estate (ADMIN)
I know I need to put in alt's for picture not loading right....
I may alrdy know about the issues, but I may not so please tell me if you see a problem.
Is it ok to use percents for div's instead of pixels?
Would it be ok to use ajax and just have 1 single html file (index.html)?
Right now i just learned ajax so its only on one page.
Any way to add a house , logout, check houses and see what was just added without closing browser?
How do I do onmouseover="Put a picture at a certain location on screen"
and onmouseout="take the picture away leaveing what was there before" ? The picture location needs to be at certain spot on visible screen, not in relation to the actual page. i.e. If they have scrolled half way down the page, and mouseover a camera, the picture will appear at the top left of the visible window.

Thanks in advance for any help
Jon

Was thinking this was technical because Im working on site development, but I see now should be in Design section regardless if I have started the design or not. Sorry bout that kinda new....

Last edited:

alfren

Reaction score
i think you better need to change your design/layout ^_^ and try using CSS for your website content/text.......

Walrii

Reaction score
It's not so bad. One thing I would change is to remove the giant "Admin" button.

99.9% of users do not need to see that, its distracting them away from the other sections of your site.

You can always gain admin access some other way (such as a URL you keep secret... that's obviously also protected through a username / password).

rickle42

Reaction score
Yes, good idea with removing the admin button, makes more room for other stuff too. To the first poster, I am using css but havent really attempted the "design" yet. As a programmer I work from the top down, meaning I start very general and get more detailed each time. The design is the last thing I will do. In fact I am just now starting with that, but I am researching resolution issues etc. before I do work that I will have to scratch later.
I must say it is a pain to have to learn design and development just to build a portfolio to try and get a developer job. (hehe)

Jon

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey it looks pretty nice. 7/10.

*Face

Reaction score
Instead of using spaces for the indenting, try using the text-indent CSS property.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Not Bad. Keep it nice and simple. Nothing flashy, makes the site look clean..:)

jensen

Reaction score
You can use DRUPAL to get the functions you want and more especially with CCK and views you can build a site with all that functions and let the DRUPAL security team deal with security.

You have done well in coding the site and you need to make sure your site is well coded in terms of security too. Else I recommend you take DRUPAL out for a ride.

warnning note: DRUPAL has a slightly steep learning curve if you are new to coding.

luni1

Reaction score
good work just for portfolio purposes!!!

8/10

ohh and nice santa site too!!!

Sohail

Reaction score
6/10. I think using CSS and adding better colours and graphics would make it look a little more attractive and professional.