firefox 4 more like chrome

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by steronius, Jul 7, 2010.

1. steronius

steronius Member

2. bhupendra2895

bhupendra2895 New Member

Did you tried that?I read in mozilla blog it will have ribbion menu like microsoft office and GUI will be optimized for windows 7.Is it true?

3. lemon-tree

lemon-tree x10 Minion Community Support

It looks exactly like Firefox 3.6 on a Mac, we're still waiting to get the new tabs-on-top GUI. I haven't noticed any significant speed bumps, certainly not enough to tempt me away from WebKit based browsers.

4. galaxyAbstractor

galaxyAbstractor Community Advocate Community Support

looks nice, but I still like the way my firefox looks like better than that:

Untitled-49.png

5. bhupendra2895

bhupendra2895 New Member

Thanks for the image.

Latest opera looks same.Yesterday I installed some addons in firefox 3.6.3 in my ubuntu machine.One thing I noticed that it needs the internet connection to check compatibity to install addons.I was able to install only one addon called xmarks offline.Others like webmaster toolbar, user agent switcher, live http headers, modify headers and xhtml mobile profile were not installed offline and after connecting net the only addon, I was not able to install was wbmp viewer, because it is uncompatible.
    I have noticed that whenever a new firefox version is launched by Mozilla, it lacks support for some addnos, which added later using compatibility updates by Mozilla itself or by the authors of addons.So this should not be a beta issue, developers would be already modifying their addons to support this browser, so untill the RC version they can fully support it.

6. bunnyxd

bunnyxd New Member

it looks like opera :D but some nice fetures will be added

7. paint2010

paint2010 New Member

I can't believe it. The clean style of Google Chrome and an awesome browser... together? The world really is ending. I just hope it doesn't lag like Google Chrome. I can't wait to see what else they change.

8. abouharga

abouharga New Member

i use it in my computer it looks like opera but it very fast

9. techairlines

techairlines x10 Flyer Community Support

It looks like many of the major browsers are following Chrome's design path. Safari 4 Beta had top tabs and Chrome's two menu icon buttons, but removed this in the final version. Opera always had top tabs but was the first to offer the Opera Button. Firefox then followed by adding top tabs and the Firefox button.

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 includes Windows 7 Jumplist Support (Tasks - New Window, New Tab, New Private Window), Download Progress Overlay on the taskbar icon (similar to Opera and IE), and the previously available Thumbnail Tabs on the taskbar (similar to IE).

10. mactrac11

mactrac11 New Member

opera And Chrome combined ;D

11. meskarune

meskarune New Member

I like opera browser and midori the best. (midori is webkit based) I really like webkit, its fast and lightweight. But there is a bug where the program using web kit will lock up if you right click with the mouse, and its driving me nuts! Even so, midori is still my main browser.

12. bhupendra2895

bhupendra2895 New Member

Tried it in ubuntu using a launchpad ppa, it looks same like firefox 3.6.While opera and google chrome looks same as they are in windows.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  13. ShadowmasterX

ShadowmasterX New Member

dang, i love chrome because of its clean interface, now firefox =D *switches back*

14. patriotseminar72

patriotseminar72 New Member

I think it will take me some time to get used to the new firefox interface, but it is a good plan. I like simpler and more elegant. And it removes some of the things i generally dont use like the entire bar with File, Edit, View etc.

15. frankpee

frankpee New Member

Sounds like a right pain. I like Firefox the way it is. I'll probably not update until I absolutely have to. I used Firefox 2.x way into the 3.x cycle. I finally changed at 3.5 when add-ons became available to make 3.x behave more like 2.x.

I remember the Mozilla developers' response to AWESOME BAR hostility. They castigated the users for preferring an "inferior way of working"! Rather than produce what is wanted, they seek to dictate what they think is better. This is wrong-headed and arrogant. As a long-time user, I will tell you that the best course for Firefox is to keep the exact same appearance and behavior of the current browser while limiting fixes to security and memory leaks and other behind-the-scenes stuff.

16. CoolFinalFan

CoolFinalFan Member

yep alot like Chrome, using it now! Clean looking!

17. Doan

Doan New Member

Wow YAY Clean firefox FTW I only use chrome because its clean. But now since firefox is getting to that point. *switches back*

18. esjavier1514

esjavier1514 New Member

I prefer the Chorme thanks

19. juancarlos

juancarlos New Member

20. winhits

winhits New Member

for ever firefox :tongue: